The Model Station - A Scam?

Watch
username3489684
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I basically sent my pictures as a dare to this modelling agency online and i didn't really expect anything as it was a joke. They've just emailed me telling me that I've been shortlisted and they want me to visit so I can have a photoshoot and if I'm successful they will help to "propel" my career. Now I wanna go just for fun but there is a £50 deposit and I just can't tell if it's a scam. What do you guys think? Also my pic was very unprofessional - it was literally a mirror selfie and I can't really believe that a legit agency would choose me over more dedicated beautiful girls.

http://themodelstation.co.uk/

their video doesn't seem very professional either:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LD7_Z7HqMU
centraltrains
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Definitely. No address on website and mysterious blank on the section of road of the address the domain registrant is registered to.
giselanunes
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
THIS IS A SCAM. On their current website they still have links to their previously run company called "studio works" which was shut down as a result of being caught as a scam. They sound legitimate over the phone as well as profession. Please becareful, these are scam artists doing this for a living, robbing young girls dreams and money.
steph0101
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I uploaded a photo online and then they called me saying: You have been selected out of 100 candidates for a photoshoot, according to Callum Hastings he was working on a project for Booho.

They will tell you to pay £50 deposit, basically they want to secure themselves in case of no- show, it will be refundable on the day.

Arrived on the day, staff are well trained to say you are beautiful etc.

After that they take your pictures and make you wait 30 mins, the main scammer name was Alexa berry.

They will send you this room upstairs, and then suddenly they will start offering you this portfolio for the cost of £3,500 - £7,000.

Alexa berry was trying to convenience me that I have potential, I SAY CALLUM didn't mentioned the cost for this portfolio. Alexa berry, reply was they are not allowed to tell you.

Alexa berry, said I been modelling since I was 6 and i have paid all my mortgages.

She also mentioned that models get paid £1000.

Then she was which one can you afford, how much can you afford today we can do statement payments.

Unfortunately, i was stupid enough to pay £450 for my photos.

Because i didn't spend all that money, she was you will received a call from the aftercare team, no call from the aftercare team.

I called them saying nobody have acknowledge my email and Eva was i I don't have access to emails ? but she works for the aftercare team

Weird right ?

PLEASE BEWARE:

They will promise you work for the whole year if you pay the portfolio.
if anyone knows, how to report this people.

Apparently, they got 15 years of experience that is what they advertise themselves as.

YouTube - You cant even comment

Your welcome pack - which the link seems broken.
Wong rule
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sounds like I’ve joined the “ripped off” club. Paid £950 for a national exposure as opposed to £3500 for international for my granddaughter.Told she has a photo shoot with Missguided. Sound familiar to anyone.
Steph 41
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have reported these scam artists to action fraud and my credit card company. Luckily they only got the £50 but luckily that has been credited back to me by my credit card company. They don't reply to emails and don't answer the phone either. The more people that report it they will have to investigate and stop others being ripped off
centraltrains
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There was a similar thing to this on the Rouge Traders segment of Watchdog the other year... http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/arti...G/kube-studios

Wonder if its related at all?
AlistairBaller
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It’s a SCAM. Report them to Action Fraud or Trading Standards through CAB. The Model Station and Runway Models have identical websites. Runway Models was investigated by the OFT in 2010 and shut down. Follow the link https://www.gov.uk/cma-cases/mislead...lling-agencies
Riaheathhh
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think it’s real, this model on insta with 13.8k models for somewhere called ‘the model station’
Broken7003
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Riaheathhh)
I think it’s real, this model on insta with 13.8k models for somewhere called ‘the model station’
Anyone can estentially buy followers on insta....wana b's will add themselves to get noticed. Its deffo a scam...theyre being taken down big time
Bc237
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did it today and I paid £3900... I cant believe it... I am so sorry I ever went there.
Bc237
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Wong rule)
Sounds like I’ve joined the “ripped off” club. Paid £950 for a national exposure as opposed to £3500 for international for my granddaughter.Told she has a photo shoot with Missguided. Sound familiar to anyone.
Hi there have you had anyword from them after you paid for the photos.. please let me know maybe we can help each other.
laueliyui
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Has anyone been victim to a photo studio in Whitechapel named Oxy Studio? I believe they are a new iteration of one of the scammers that operate via various modelling and extras "platforms". Avoid!
Memberfgkli
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Bc237)
I did it today and I paid £3900... I cant believe it... I am so sorry I ever went there.
Hello I have a similar story with them. Did you get any work from them? Maybe we could help each other?
Louiza1971
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They asked me to pay £1200 I said I don't have she asked me how much I can pay I said the deposit which £50 plus another £50 mean I paid £100 but I used my daughter piggy bank saving which is £170 to travel from Edinburgh to London and taking taxi from train station back and forward to their place cost me £30 I been told they will contact me in two weeks now since 17/02/2018 didn't heard back from them and tried to call them but always answer machine I will wait more days if they don't answer I will report them I got copy of their emails still have my train receipt and my bank statement show I paid the deposit and I got the photo receipt
Nannyanne1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is 502 modelling agency at halborn street a con as first my daughter said that they will pay on her first job than they say they went 100 pound I’ve ready paid 300 as I said of my last thing
AlistairBaller
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nannyanne1)
Is 502 modelling agency at halborn street a con as first my daughter said that they will pay on her first job than they say they went 100 pound I’ve ready paid 300 as I said of my last thing
I don’t know, I complained to my bank about the Model Station and managed to get my money back. I would stay well clear of any Model agency asking for money up front.
Sri1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by justanotherchica)
So I basically sent my pictures as a dare to this modelling agency online and i didn't really expect anything as it was a joke. They've just emailed me telling me that I've been shortlisted and they want me to visit so I can have a photoshoot and if I'm successful they will help to "propel" my career. Now I wanna go just for fun but there is a £50 deposit and I just can't tell if it's a scam. What do you guys think? Also my pic was very unprofessional - it was literally a mirror selfie and I can't really believe that a legit agency would choose me over more dedicated beautiful girls.

http://themodelstation.co.uk/

their video doesn't seem very professional either:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LD7_Z7HqMU
Scam ....scam. They are well trained frauds don't even deposit as it says refundable. They will never refund and also grab money from u anyways. I lost my money please don't lose urself. No model agency will ask u money they will give u money from work. There are too many scams going like this beware.
Sri1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AlistairBaller)
I don’t know, I complained to my bank about the Model Station and managed to get my money back. I would stay well clear of any Model agency asking for money up front.
Hi can u help me to get my money back via bank. Is that the deposit money or u purchase any photo there?
Sri1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AlistairBaller)
...show more
Hi can u help me to get my money back via bank. Is that the deposit money or u purchase any photo there
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
18.44%
I'm not sure (5)
2.79%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (60)
33.52%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.68%
I'm not a current university student (78)
43.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise