Change provisional to full license and address

Watch this thread
Azzor
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys,

Just passed my driving test some days ago. I have a question though, I am changing address, so the examiner gave me the pass certificate and told me to do it by my own. I went to the post office to get a D1 form, but I am confused with the post code I should send it to.

As I am changing address, it says to send it to SA99 1BN. At the same time, I passed the exam so I need the full license, so the post code is SA99 1BJ.

So, where should I send it exactly?

Also, is there any problem if I fold the pass certificate to fit it inside the envelop? Or should I buy a large envelop? xD

Thank!
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Azzor)
Hi guys,

Just passed my driving test some days ago. I have a question though, I am changing address, so the examiner gave me the pass certificate and told me to do it by my own. I went to the post office to get a D1 form, but I am confused with the post code I should send it to.

As I am changing address, it says to send it to SA99 1BN. At the same time, I passed the exam so I need the full license, so the post code is SA99 1BJ.

Also, is there any problem if I fold the pass certificate to fit it inside the envelop? Or should I buy a large envelop? xD

Thank!
Sigh.. why does no one ever update their licences BEFORE sitting their test...

You'll need to send it to the change of address postcode, as this needs to be done first.

No issue with folding the certificate.
Azzor
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Sigh.. why does no one ever update their licences BEFORE sitting their test...
Because when I did the exam I was still at the previous address but changed some days after passing ( I still didnt know the new address when doing the exam).

And thanks for the answer!
IWMTom
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Azzor)
Because when I did the exam I was still at the previous address but changed some days after passing ( I still didnt know the new address when doing the exam).

And thanks for the answer!
Fair enough, special case then. I see many people just not update their licence details when they should then encounter a similar problem as you have now haha.
neeraj1110
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Just have one question regarding the thread above....Do we have to send proof of identity documents and photo for the scenario above along with the D1...or just the D1 form along with the provisional license and passing certificate will do
IWMTom
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by neeraj1110)
Just have one question regarding the thread above....Do we have to send proof of identity documents and photo for the scenario above along with the D1...or just the D1 form along with the provisional license and passing certificate will do
The process is clearly detailed on the reverse of your test pass certificate.
Mandeep kaur 111
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Azzor)
Hi guys,

Thank!
Hi
am the same situation as you can you tell me which documents you enclosed for changing address after passing practical or have you received your licence in how many days and which postcode did you send it

thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (3)
20%
The paper was reasonable (6)
40%
Not feeling great about that exam... (5)
33.33%
It was TERRIBLE (1)
6.67%

Watched Threads