The Student Room Group

Lots of pressure from high predicted grades

So basically I just got all my predicted grades for my GCSEs and they’re scarily high:

Maths - 7
Eng Lang - 8
Eng lit - 8
Biology - 8
Chemistry - 8
Physics - 8
Music - 8
Spanish - 8 (lol this is never happening)
Art - 8
Geography - 8

This is honestly not to brag as I’m really scared I won’t be able to live up to my teachers’ expectations and I already put a loT of pressure on myself around exams and my anxiety literally went out of control during mocks (vomiting before/after exams, missing exams + having to do them in the evening, couldn’t eat properly etc)

Like obviously it would be amazing to be able to get these grades and it’s really nice to see that people believe in me but idk I feel like there’s no way I’m gonna do that well and i feel like this is only going to cause more and more stress as gcses get closer (I seriously don’t need any more lol)

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with academic pressure and kind of managing people’s expectations??
I get it. I think the main things to speak to someone. Tell people how you are feeling whether that is family, school. I know it's difficult but at the end of the day, everyone's main goal is your wellbeing and they would want you to be happy, not like this. Your health is so much more of a priority than GCSEs so focus on that. Make sure you are eating well and having breaks in revision time. I think also maybe try and not aim for a grade but just do your best. Forget what grade might come from a test and just do the best to your ability. Hope this helps somewhat, really a lot of people are probably in the same boat as you, maybe even offloading to a friend will be good :smile:
Yeah that really helps, I think that was exactly what I needed to hear:smile:) I didn’t think anyone was going to reply to this so thank you soso much haha xx
Yep I definitely agree remember these exams should be for you no one else I know it feel like your doing it for other people like teachers but ultimately its about you.The only thing you should worry about is if you are looking forward to tomorrow- if not ask yourself why then remind yourself of the little joys each day.

For example finding a biscuit in your bag !, meeting friends, the people you meet in day to day life.

I know a lot of people going through the same ideal i know this may not work for you but sometimes all you need are some earphones, good tunes and happy memories.
Reply 4
Just go for it! Thinking that you won't will only worsen the issue. With GCSEs it's important to have a positive frame of mind as there is quite a lot of content sometimes you just have to believe in yourself. I was predicted a lot lower that what you were however I ended up with 5A*s 4As and a B. Don't worry about predicted they make no difference, you must've worked hard to get them in the first place just keep going. As for exam stress we all get it. I suggest you start doing weekly past papers in total silence in a more exam style environment. This will hopefully prepare you better for the real ones. Exams are still a few months away just grind out revision early and spend a few weeks just preparing to exam technique.

Best of luck! Exam stress is something you don't have control over, don't let it control you *flies away*
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest