The Student Room Group

Can’t decide which uni?

Hey guys, think I posted this on the wrong forum to begin with (sorry I’m new haha) so I’ve reposted it here... anyway here’s my question

So I’m kinda stuck at deciding what uni to choose as my firm? I got all of my 5 choices as unconditionals to study History.

The unis are
York St John
Hull (4year masters)
Bangor (4year masters)
Aberystwyth
Lincoln

Does anyone have any experience with these unis? What one is best and why?

I’m from Scotland so don’t really know much about English/welsh Unis

Cheers!
Original post by iadamzx
Hey guys, think I posted this on the wrong forum to begin with (sorry I’m new haha) so I’ve reposted it here... anyway here’s my question

So I’m kinda stuck at deciding what uni to choose as my firm? I got all of my 5 choices as unconditionals to study History.

The unis are
York St John
Hull (4year masters)
Bangor (4year masters)
Aberystwyth
Lincoln

Cheers!

Is there anything imparticular you'd like out of a university, do you want to live in a big city or somewhere smaller?
Not gonna lie, those are really boring places to live in... except maybe Bangor if you like the outdoor lifestyle. I've lived in York, it's nice at first but soon becomes lame... all the buildings are tiny except the minster. Hull is just grim, Licoln is a slightly cooler (but still lame) version of Hull. Never heard of anyone going to Aberystwyth so it must be a ghost town. Have you considered unis like Leeds Met, West England (Bristol), Brighton, Manchester Met, Liverpool JM or Sheffield Hallam?

If you actually want to go somewhere boring and quiet then you have the ultimate selection but personally, I wouldn't go anywhere near those places.
Reply 3
Original post by iadamzx

The unis are
York St John
Hull (4year masters)
Bangor (4year masters)
Aberystwyth
Lincoln

Cheers!

I am not familiar with History.
But I don't recommend you to take any courses that links with postgraduate degree, as you can easily enter Russell Group unis with a 2:1 after graduation. Even if you only get a 2:2(56%+) in the end, some RG unis will still accept you for some unpopular or courses they are not good at.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
Is there anything imparticular you'd like out of a university, do you want to live in a big city or somewhere smaller?

I live in a green belt/suburban area outside of Edinburgh, we have a few bars a club/bar and a Morrisons if that helps discribe it.

In terms of what I’m looking for in a uni I’d say a high quality course that will be recognisable to employers, good sports teams (rugby/football) and a decent night life.

I feel like I should of asked this before receiving my offers hahah
Original post by iadamzx
I live in a green belt/suburban area outside of Edinburgh, we have a few bars a club/bar and a Morrisons if that helps discribe it.

In terms of what I’m looking for in a uni I’d say a high quality course that will be recognisable to employers, good sports teams (rugby/football) and a decent night life.

I feel like I should of asked this before receiving my offers hahah

Bangor has two nightclubs, i grew up near there and its pretty quiet. the bigger universities are most likely to have better sports teams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending