***gcse art & design grade 8/9 booster guide*** Watch

motiamiton
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am currently doing a board on natural forms and have an object and artist I have studied - it is our first board so any tips for layout, annotations or content to get high grades?Also, would you get any extra credit for an eye-catching background/decorations?Thank you!
vixenponere
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Rip I was super confident and now all my teacher does is yell at me for not annotating enough and not drawing ‘the right stuff’

Complains I don’t do enough work when I’m working and she actively stops me from trying to buff out my sketchbook a bit smh
My target is so low it’s depressing tbh
Dxmi_o
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow amazing, thank you but I have got to ask what you mean by thumbnail and is there any chance you could show us your work online (much appreciated).
tonyxu15
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Farhan,

Im really grateful for your guide on grade8/9 art and i am currently trying to follow it.
However im finding some bits hard to understand, like the meanings of the terminology used.
If you wouldnt mind doing so, could you post pictures of your pages so that i know what and how something should look like in the book. For example im not really sure what a thumbnail sketch page should look like.
Thanks
Esther Ayankoya
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
HI, I really want to choose A level photography but apparently people said its really hard so I just want some advice if I should go for it or not.
Uptown_blue
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey Farhan,I seriously appreciate your advice on how to get a 9 ,it’s really helping me (more than my teachers lmao) but I’m kinda struggling to understand the initial ideas page ,Ik this was posted a year ago but if there’s any chance your seeing this could you possibly explain the initial ideas page for me and simplify it down to a more yr10 vocabulary explanation lmao thank you x
Jdjdjbd
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi does origami photography count cos I’m not sure. My project right now is being loosely based around koi fish and I made some origami koi fish using instructions of YouTube so I’m not sure if it will count?
Watermelona
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jdjdjbd)
Hi does origami photography count cos I’m not sure. My project right now is being loosely based around koi fish and I made some origami koi fish using instructions of YouTube so I’m not sure if it will count?
Sorry but that is usually classed as just photographic your work to show off the work rather than the photography. However if you did a big photoshoot or a typography (a series of different photos pieced together) then yes I'm sure that it would be valid.
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
hi,i have my gcse exam very soon and i am completely terrified. i am only at a 6 and i am really hoping for a 9 but i have missed many art lessons due to school holidays, lack of resources at home, and mock exams. we only have 2 or 3 hours per week of art so i feel like there was not much time in the first place, but im guessing schools have the same amount so i cant really complain haha. my art teacher is very strict so im scared of doing some ideas because i dont know if it will be wrong or right or if it is just too late.i only recently bought some art supplies so i could fully invest myself in my work at home and i want to follow a certain route with my artwork but i just dont know if she will agree or if she will tell me to rip out my pages. i am willing to work extremely hard for that 9 but i just need some help in whether i should be bolder with my work and explore more artists because i have only done 2 so far. i am so scared and very stressed out so if there is any advice you could give me then that would be very helpful. thank you
amanisalya
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
My art teacher is actually the worst I have literally a week until I have my exam and I have to complete year 10,11 and my exam I'm so dead.
flinkasho
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Thank you so much, you're helping a lot of stressed out students!
H__Ally
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
hi
i took art and design(textiles) this year. i was wonder whether we get our sketchbooks back with our final piece on results day 2019.
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
holy crap where was this when i needed it last year!
laibaamir2004
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thanx
indiawoo1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
this is so helpful!!! but can i ask, what is a title paged?? like the question you have chosen to do or just a page with a big title drawn on it??? i’m a little confused aha sorry
Irin Rahman
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by anonymous10123)
Hi!
Thank you for this! Do you regret taking art for GCSE because im really fed up with it now and find it so pointless.
I really regret taking art!
Oh my god,yes! Sometimes in my art lessons ( every art lesson) I question myself and my friends that why the f*** did I take art though it gives me depression due to pressure!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (256)
61.54%
Yes- I don't like it (20)
4.81%
No- I want it (111)
26.68%
No- I don't want it (29)