The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

French and Japanese at UEA? (Double Honours)

Does anybody have any experience on this course? Would love to hear any info/advice at all - I do French A-level already but am wondering how difficult it is to take up an Asian language up from scratch. Thanks!
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Hi @sophie0602! :h:

To help answer your question, I asked one of our current students to share his experience. Ronnie started learning Japanese from scratch at UEA as part of his undergraduate degree in the School of Languages and Communications Studies. Here's what he had to say:

Since it's taught from an absolute beginner level and with great text books, having prior knowledge of Japanese is not necessary at all.
Studying two languages may be hard in terms of balancing but it's definitely possible as at least 50% of my course is doing so and are all doing well I believe.
Japanese may seem extremely daunting at first, but especially with experience of another language, it's far from impossible. I believe that the text books and in class activities make it possible for anyone to learn it.

I hope this helps! Please do let me know if you have any other questions at all :smile:

- Laura, UEA Official Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending