Im in year 8 should I be revising what I'm learning now?

Watch
idrc
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Jo_Alpha)
I wouldn't bother if I were live your life a little before you start worrying about that. When you get to year 10 you just stop caring and start winging it which usually gets you better levels in my experience. Don't stress yourself with things that won't matter in a few years
Thank you ahaha

lanababe78
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
please relax whilst you can. you start GCSE content in year 9 anyway, so dont worry x
linedpaper
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Ahh just chill for now. You don't need to start revising until end of year 9/ year 10. Just listen to what's being taught otherwise yeah, might not go so well, like me now when we've started GCSE maths in year 9 instead. I'm dying because last year I didn't care at all. So try, but year 8 is like a gap year
amerh012
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
okay so this is what i have to say . i think you should be studying and doing revision as well (at least put like 2 or 3 hours after school doing homework and revsion) . this would actually be really helpful for when you will go in bigger years cause you would be used to study and do homeworks. many people who dont do any work in year 8 and 9 tend to be all stressed out in year 10 and 11 cause they are not used to that much work. but stay chilled out dont make it into a big deal but dont also be all carefree about it . just go with the flow.
Beth esmes
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by idrc)
I don't get necessarily bad grades like Bs e.t.c but I could do better
If I was you I’d live up the time you’ve got until year 10 and 11 when stuff gets too real. Do as much things as possible because those 2 years are going to be the worst years of your life, no pressure 👍🏻
HateOCR
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Just enjoy your life honestly. At year 8 i didn’t give a f*** about education.
Lushlux
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by idrc)
What about the last year of my school where I didn't do much revision for anything do u think it would be worth going over again?
Great advice
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Come on man, just chill, relax and have fun. Studies in year 8 aren't too hard and aren't serious either so you can literally mess around as much as you like When I was in year 8 I didn't give two ****s about the **** we had to learn, I would literally just chill out and play Minecraft every day when I had the chance!
Once I got into year 10 oh boy.....your life becomes a ****hole
HateOCR
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
No. Enjoy our life while its still easy.
username3558104
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
There’s really no reason you should have to be revising since you’re not doing GCSEs. Just revise for end of term assessments to ensure that your grades reflect your ability; it’s not like you have to be revising two hours a night - heck, you don’t really need to do that in year 9, 10, and even half way through year 11.

Just make sure you understand what is taught to make future things a lot more easier to understand.
idrc
Rep:
(Original post by seriouslygcse)
There’s really no reason you should have to be revising since you’re not doing GCSEs. Just revise for end of term assessments to ensure that your grades reflect your ability; it’s not like you have to be revising two hours a night - heck, you don’t really need to do that in year 9, 10, and even half way through year 11.

Just make sure you understand what is taught to make future things a lot more easier to understand.
Thank you!
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
You are in year 8. Just do your homework and revise when there are end of unit/term assessments.

Enjoy your life while you can
Exactly.
idrc
Rep:
I'll try, one thing that I find really easy is just going on bbc bitesize and doing the quizzes after looking through my work so if that will benefit me I'll give it a go!
Jasmine76
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Before I start I am fully aware that I still have years to worry about this but I'm really curious about my upcoming GCSEs. My problem is that I have gone through the past year and a half (I feel) not really trying my best in all my subjects and it really bothers me, of course, I know that no one can go to school every day and do the best they can but for some reason I still feel as if there are going to be consequences to not trying my best now. What I really want to know is if once I get to year 9 and start studying what I want to study will I still need the knowledge I have now? For example, I am studying French and Spanish and I'm pretty sure I have to take French for my GCSEs which I'm not happy about but I want to know if the random stuff I'm learning about now (like sentence structure and modifiers) will matter when I'm in year 9. Will I be going over everything I've learned? If not will I get revision material on it or will I just be expected to know it?

Because it is basic stuff but I don't know if it's worth going over because I do still have tests almost always to be revising for instead. If anyone who is in year 9 or above could give me some sort of idea on what I'll need to know as of now that would be great.

Ben Mc
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hey it’s been 2 years and I’ve seen your post now and currently I’m in year 8 so can I ask how are you doing now and I’m also scared for my GCSEs so do you have any tips
ComputerScience8
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Revise for tests, thats it.
mega24
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Well hi I am in the same year and I have bin looking for the same thing and I think for language you need to revise in all years because in sentences there will be stuff from other years which you will usually put in a later sentences like ir y llama porque stuff like that you will always need but in other lessons I am not sure but just ask me if you need more stuff to be explained hope this helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.62%
Okay (106)
29.12%
A bit lacking (135)
37.09%
Not good at all (88)
24.18%

Watched Threads