maths: EXPERT ADVICE NEEDED wtf is going on

Watch
hello654321
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
ive been trying to improve my grade, things werent going well but i think i can say ive pulled my self up to a B. but i want A!!
i do aqa maths a level and ive been doing good on papers up till 2014. the thing is after 2014, the papers are sooo hard. what am i meant to do for this? ive heard repeating past papers is the best way to revise because the board can only spew out a couple new questions before they repeat them. this was the case pre-2014. but after that they're making things harder. how is this fair? on those papers im scoring lower
basically im asking for any tips that will help me get an A in these next four months.
Ive also started solomon aqa papers. theyre going ok, but because theyre solomon its trickier. do you suggest i keep repeating these too until i grasp harder concepts and score highly in them? is repetition the answer to a level maths?
have
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hello654321)
ive been trying to improve my grade, things werent going well but i think i can say ive pulled my self up to a B. but i want A!!
i do aqa maths a level and ive been doing good on papers up till 2014. the thing is after 2014, the papers are sooo hard. what am i meant to do for this? ive heard repeating past papers is the best way to revise because the board can only spew out a couple new questions before they repeat them. this was the case pre-2014. but after that they're making things harder. how is this fair? on those papers im scoring lower
basically im asking for any tips that will help me get an A in these next four months.
Ive also started solomon aqa papers. theyre going ok, but because theyre solomon its trickier. do you suggest i keep repeating these too until i grasp harder concepts and score highly in them? is repetition the answer to a level maths?
ask yourself why are you losing marks? If you understand the concepts, then just keep doing past papers
joey-G
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My best advice would be to keep at it. Check over the papers you haven't done well in and see if it's similar questions that you're losing marks on and work on those styles of questions or topics. It might be a good idea to try questions that you've got wrong and found very difficult (i.e. didn't know how to do rather than just make a mistake) in untimed conditions and see if you can work out how to do them in a less stressful environment like that. Also, talk to your teachers about how to approach the post-2014 style questions.

I hope that's helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.47%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (32)
15.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (33)
16.42%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (30)
14.93%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (55)
27.36%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (38)
18.91%

Watched Threads