The Student Room Group

What is EPQ????

I have my futures interview in a few days, but some of my friends have already done it. At the bottom of the form they were given, there was a tick box for "Extended Project Qualification". I have taken Higher Project for my GCSE, is EPQ the same thing but for A-level? And is it worth my time?
Reply 1
You choose a unit (most people go for dissertation but there are other like artefact, performance ect)
Then for the dissertation you pick a topic question, do lots of research, write a dissertation and do a presentation.

It takes up a lot of time and at my sixth form 90% of people dropped it, however it's a really good way to do further research into a topic that interests you and maybe relates to the course you want to do at uni. It looks good on UCAS applications and some unis will give you a reduced offer if you get an A in it.

I would say go for it, if you decide you don't like it, you can drop it
It’s an Extended Project- you basically write an essay or create a product and research a question which you answer. Some universities may reduce your offer if you get a certain grade in your EPQ but that is a very few.

Quick Reply

Latest