The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

University of Lincoln Accommodation advice?

I’m going to Lincoln this September and was wondering if anyone had opinions on the accommodation there?

I’m leaning towards Brayford Quay at the moment, but have also been considering Pavilions, Cygnet Wharf and Hayes Wharf. I’d love some first-hand advice from people who’ve stayed at or visited them! I’m mostly concerned about having lots of storage/shelves, a good bathroom, decent sized room and nice staff.

(I’m quite an introverted kind of person who’s not that into partying so if there’s any places that are more quiet than others that would be great to know)
Reply 1
I'm currently staying in Lincoln Courts(which I wouldn't recommend), but in terms of space and how close they are to the university I would highly recommend Cygnet Wharf and The Junxion. Pav's is a little further away but still not too far of a walk to get to the uni, and its space is great as well, and it comes with a TV. For my current year this is the party accomodation so if that's not what you're after steer clear. Brayford Quay is very nice for space, and I know a couple of people who enjoy staying here, but you don't get flat mates due to it being a studio so it depends on what you are after socially. I can't say anything about Hayes Wharf as I don't know anyone that lives there so hopefully what I have shared is useful to you.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Very useful, thank you! 😄
Does anyone know how they allocate accommodation for pavilions ?
You can read more about our accommodation here:

https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/studentlife/accommodation/

Darren
I lived in Pavilions accommodation for my first year, loved it and would highly recommend it. One of the cheapest and unlike a lot of the others has a 3/4 bed, an actual shower not a wet room and the rooms feel fairly homely and spacious. It's also practically on campus. Staff were sometimes rude however. I hope this helps.
Original post by UniLincolnRep
You can read more about our accommodation here:

https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/studentlife/accommodation/

Darren

Any recommendations for private lettings? None of that looks suitable for mature students with a partner
Reply 7
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Any recommendations for private lettings? None of that looks suitable for mature students with a partner

I don’t know what sort of place you are looking for but I’m living in a studio that is rented with Place Homes Lincoln and they’re apartments are perfect for mature students. I know they have more than just studios available so it may be worth having a look.
Honest advice I recently lived in pavs just moved back a month ago it is absolutely rubbish It used to be great but the new management ruined it

Staff is racist
They say TV is provided but the the TV doesnt even work and its a very old one
No hot water during winter
No wifi given during exam season

If you want to fail then go ahead pavs is the best but if you want good living then don't

Quick Reply

Latest