Starting School Direct in 2018 Watch

misslh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m starting with a school direct provider in September doing primary. I cannot wait.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
robertsonelsie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm applying for MFL School Direct. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect at interview?
jenki2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by robertsonelsie)
I'm applying for MFL School Direct. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect at interview?
Hello, in my experience they are all different, but you should be sent a rough timetable of the day.
What I would say, and what has been said to me, is they aren't trying to grill you or trip you up, they are just trying to see whether you have the potential to be a good teacher.
Gremlin78
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I’m doing SCITT in September at the primary school where I currently work as a TA. I passed my skills tests before Easter so am now enjoying my evenings and weekends as much as possible before life changes!
Steikachay
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi guys,

Do you know when we will receive the information (course / university codes, dates, etc) to apply for student finance?
Have some of you already applied or is it too early?

Thanks,
jenki2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Steikachay)
Hi guys,

Do you know when we will receive the information (course / university codes, dates, etc) to apply for student finance?

Thanks,
Hi ya, you should be able to apply now. The information on course, university etc should be on your UCAS.
Georgina1995
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Steikachay)
Hi guys,

Thanks,
Hi,
I will be training with Schools Direct in September, and have already applied for Student Finance. I received my codes when I accepted my offer and filled in all of their paperwork etc. However, the codes were not recognised, so I just had to fill it in with as much detail as I could.
Livmaybe
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi All, Has anyone applied for schools direct salaried? I've got one offer and another interview this week but no idea what the salary is even for the offered one. I'm doing chemistry secondary, if anyone has any info on salary or what it's likely to be please let me know!
TaRafferty
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello!

I have a placement starting 2018 in Computer Science.
My degree is not computer-based however my work experience is, therefore, they are allowing me to complete an SKE.

The bursary is going to be a lot of help as I have a 2-year-old boy that will need to be in nursery full-time.

I am working at the school as a Cover Supervisor which is brilliant hands-on experience for when I start my course.

Tara xx
GayleO
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just catching up with this thread - how did the year go?? I've applied to do School Direct from this September (2019), with biology as my subject, but rather worried about doing the other sciences. I was late to apply (so an SKE course wouldn't be completed in time anyway), and based on my qualifications, they suggested I wouldn't need to do SKE as they said it's more aimed at those who hadn't done the subject before (would you agree, having done the SKE course yourself?). Just concerned I've bitten off more than I can chew - did you find yourself having to revise material while also planning lessons? Thanks in advance for your thoughts! Xxx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%