The Student Room Group

RE: Eligibility

Hello,

In 2012 I studied a course but failed it. In 2014 I have applied to a different uni and again I have failed due to extreme anxiety. I then repeated the first year and financially funded myself for the repeated year. I managed to pass onto the second year. On the second year I did really well on the coursework and averaged first class however when it came to the exams the anxiety kicked in again which caused sleeping problems, and I ended up failing again. The university has allowed me to repeat the failed courses and I am now funding myself again. I would like to know if I am still eligible for funding for my 3rd year. In short I have used 1 year of funding on the first uni and 2 on my current uni.

Any advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by MatthewGo
Hello,

In 2012 I studied a course but failed it. In 2014 I have applied to a different uni and again I have failed due to extreme anxiety. I then repeated the first year and financially funded myself for the repeated year. I managed to pass onto the second year. On the second year I did really well on the coursework and averaged first class however when it came to the exams the anxiety kicked in again which caused sleeping problems, and I ended up failing again. The university has allowed me to repeat the failed courses and I am now funding myself again. I would like to know if I am still eligible for funding for my 3rd year. In short I have used 1 year of funding on the first uni and 2 on my current uni.

Any advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Matthew,

Students are entitled to funding for the duration of their new course including an additional year minus any previous study, with the information you have given the funding available to you is 3 + 1 = 4 - 3 = 1 years of funding available.

Thanks

Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending