AspiringAccount
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I was pretty much content with my A-level choices. Which are; Accounting, Math, Economics and psychology. The first 3 are to aid towards my amibitions of becoming an accountant. And then the last one cause psychology seems intersting. I should probably mention I am socially awkward and an introvert. Anyways it brings me to the present where I am confused. I was fooling around on Which? and found this article.
https://university.which.co.uk/advic...-level-choices
I read the article and watched the video.
I understand the article after doing so.
Now I'm at a conflict of interests (please do tell me if I'm using said term correctly) part of me wants to stick with the A-level choices I made but the other part of me the more rational side wants to go with what the article suggest resulting in another set of A-level choices. That are;
Math, History, Accounting, economics/psychology. So you lot tell me am I just overthinkin it or should I just go with the new set of A-level choices.
username3315892
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Go with what you like because those can guarantee you the best of grades than what you believe you need. If you think you need the first set and can get good grades to go to uni or vice versa with the second set, then make sure that you enjoy them, because they will help you learn content better. I think your first set is a good combination personally but it is entirely up to you.

Good luck
AspiringAccount
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Abida.etc)
Go with what you like because those can guarantee you the best of grades than what you believe you need. If you think you need the first set and can get good grades to go to uni or vice versa with the second set, then make sure that you enjoy them, because they will help you learn content better. I think your first set is a good combination personally but it is entirely up to you.

Good luck
Thanks for the help I'll keep it in mind.
whambamwigwam
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by AspiringAccount)
So I was pretty much content with my A-level choices. Which are; Accounting, Math, Economics and psychology. The first 3 are to aid towards my amibitions of becoming an accountant. And then the last one cause psychology seems intersting. I should probably mention I am socially awkward and an introvert. Anyways it brings me to the present where I am confused. I was fooling around on Which? and found this article.
https://university.which.co.uk/advic...-level-choices
I read the article and watched the video.
I understand the article after doing so.
Now I'm at a conflict of interests (please do tell me if I'm using said term correctly) part of me wants to stick with the A-level choices I made but the other part of me the more rational side wants to go with what the article suggest resulting in another set of A-level choices. That are;
Math, History, Accounting, economics/psychology. So you lot tell me am I just overthinkin it or should I just go with the new set of A-level choices.
Psychology is super interesting but if it’s not the sort of thing you want to pursue then I’ll warn you that there is an awful lot of content. It may be difficult to keep up if you are already taking 3 a levels. However, you seem intelligent so maybe you can keep up with it! If you’re up for the challenge I would definitely recommend psychology as it’s one of the most interesting things ive studied.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
15.57%
I'm not sure (11)
3.01%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (126)
34.43%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.64%
I'm not a current university student (166)
45.36%

Watched Threads