Mobile phone for uni - contract or pay as u go??? Watch

This discussion is closed.
BeCuZ_iT_rOcKs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
hey - starting uni this year - need advice on what type of mobile service i shud get - is it true that ppl use mobiles a lot in uni for instance?
leannetheflan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i work for orange and would definately say that a contract would be the best tp gp for. first of all you can get a free phone, and orange are actually doing a really good student deal at the moment. this deal includes 1000 free text messages a month, when you go on a talk time 30-400. so you can choose how many minutes you want and recieve the 1000 free messages. also it gives you 50% off landline calls too which is excellent for calling home!!!

im not just being biased as i work for orange, but there is no where which offer this great student deal!!!
BeCuZ_iT_rOcKs
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
whats the deal called?? and how much per month?
Genie1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've got a contract phone and find it really useful to have at uni. I'm on O2 which seems really good and have got Leisure Time Plus which is £20 per month and has 1000 off peak minutes included and 100 texts, which is a really good deal. For the first few months, i cant remember, this allowance is doubled to 2000 free minutes and 200 texts. I use my mobile loads because the phone in my uni room is quite expensive to use and it's expensive for other people to phone it. Hope this helps (and by the way i dont work for O2!)
RxB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by leannetheflan)
i work for orange and would definately say that a contract would be the best tp gp for. first of all you can get a free phone, and orange are actually doing a really good student deal at the moment. this deal includes 1000 free text messages a month, when you go on a talk time 30-400. so you can choose how many minutes you want and recieve the 1000 free messages. also it gives you 50% off landline calls too which is excellent for calling home!!!

im not just being biased as i work for orange, but there is no where which offer this great student deal!!!
OK, can you explain why they said I can't get this deal, on the grounds that I've already got a contract?

To clarify, I went into the orange shop today, and asked if I could get the texts put on top of my ordinary contract. They said they couldn't, and I'd have to get a new contract with immediate effect (so I'm paying for 2). I can't even get the free texts when I renew my contract, as the offer only lasts till the end of October (my contract runs out in February)

This pissed me off.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (192)
18.7%
No (622)
60.56%
Not really bothered about them (213)
20.74%

Watched Threads