When is it too early to say "I love you" Watch

oglez92
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've been with my girlfriend for 2 months now. We've met each other's family and friends, we speak everyday, sometimes for hours on the phone. We seem to understand and support each other. I want to be with this a long term. So does she.
I want to say I love her. On Valentine's Day. Is it too early?

I've never felt this way. I've thought I've fell in love. But this time I feel happy and content knowing it's reciprocal. So is it too early?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
no it's not. SAY IT! I don't believe in their being a time minimum for these types of things. if you feel you love her go for it, the worst case is she says she isn't there yet but you met the family so she probably is... you'll be fine.😁💃
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
no. SAY IT!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Don’t over think it... say it when it feels perfect. Don’t have a big build up to saying ‘I love you’, it makes it unnecessarily awkward
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sounds soppy but you will know when the time is right, probably without even realising it. You won't be questioning if its too early or whatever, it'll just come out.
oglez92
Rep:
?
Thanks everyone. I mean I had this idea of how I would ask her to be my girlfriend. But it came in quite a spontaneous moment. Maybe I'll tell her I love her at a random time too.
carrotstar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by oglez92)
I've been with my girlfriend for 2 months now. We've met each other's family and friends, we speak everyday, sometimes for hours on the phone. We seem to understand and support each other. I want to be with this a long term. So does she.
I want to say I love her. On Valentine's Day. Is it too early?

I've never felt this way. I've thought I've fell in love. But this time I feel happy and content knowing it's reciprocal. So is it too early?
I said it one month after I’d met my boyfriend (of 3.5 years!) and although he said it back apparently it’s scared him a little and he wasn’t sure until another month or so later 😂

Say it if that’s how you feel. Don’t be scared. And she shouldn’t be scared to receive it. Just don’t expect her to say it back straight away, and don’t pressurise her to do so. If she isn’t ready then you’ll have to be patient.
oglez92
Rep:
?
(Original post by carrotstar)
I said it one month after I’d met my boyfriend (of 3.5 years!) and although he said it back apparently it’s scared him a little and he wasn’t sure until another month or so later 😂

Say it if that’s how you feel. Don’t be scared. And she shouldn’t be scared to receive it. Just don’t expect her to say it back straight away, and don’t pressurise her to do so. If she isn’t ready then you’ll have to be patient.

I see. So had you only known each other for a month, or longer?

So what you're saying is that perhaps I should tell her? But it may be that she won't say it? That's a bit daunting
carrotstar
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by oglez92)
I see. So had you only known each other for a month, or longer?

So what you're saying is that perhaps I should tell her? But it may be that she won't say it? That's a bit daunting
We’d know each other for one month and been a couple for probably about two weeks!

Yes what I’m saying is you should feel free to put your feelings out there, but don’t put yourself down if she doesn’t say the same back. However if you’ve discussed a future together then she probably feels the same way.

The problem with these things is nobody knows when it’s the right time to say them... I’m sure you had a similar problem when you first became a couple didn’t you? Theres only one way to find out!
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's too early on the first date.

In all seriousness, 2 months is fine. She might be waiting to say it to you too.
cupcakes87
Badges: 18
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
no it's not. SAY IT! I don't believe in their being a time minimum for these types of things. if you feel you love her go for it, the worst case is she says she isn't there yet but you met the family so she probably is... you'll be fine.😁💃
Apparently I've repped you recently, prsom
s.a.u
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can’t really know someone enough after two months to know if you really love them. Sounds like infatuation to me tbh.
Makeup2
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
its never too early to tell someone that you love them. if you really do love a person then tell them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (155)
18.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (82)
9.84%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (141)
16.93%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (119)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.48%
How can I be the best version of myself? (257)
30.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed