The Student Room Group

Can you do a masters in a different subject to your undergrad degree

I'm not talking doing an undergrad in music and applying for a masters in physics, but more closely related subjects.I've applied for history, which I know I enjoy, but this year I've been massively loving English lit. I'm starting to regret not applying for joint honours! It's not ideal for me to take a year out and reapply to unis as I have an offer for a uni I'm not overly willing to give up.So I was wondering about post-graduate study. Is it possible to study history undergrad and English post-grad?
Original post by _Fran_
I'm not talking doing an undergrad in music and applying for a masters in physics, but more closely related subjects.I've applied for history, which I know I enjoy, but this year I've been massively loving English lit. I'm starting to regret not applying for joint honours! It's not ideal for me to take a year out and reapply to unis as I have an offer for a uni I'm not overly willing to give up.So I was wondering about post-graduate study. Is it possible to study history undergrad and English post-grad?

I know someone with an undergraduate degree in Drama who is currently doing a Master's in International Relations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sometimes unis let you switch course in the first term x depends tho, look up what ur uni says about it
Original post by _Fran_

Yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending