cat987
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've been invited for an interview for the Biomedical Sciences course on the 7th March. I wasn't expecting it at all due to me over-analysing my personal statement and the prestige of the university.
How common is it to receive an interview for the science courses in particular, are they just handed out based on a decent personal statement?
Additionally, i was wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on how the interviews are as this will be my first interview at a university and i am a generally nervous/ shy person.
I am aware there will be questions based on my personal statement but are there typically any trick questions and will my introverted personality/nerves result in an automatic decline of my offer?
Thanks.
rachelbracher
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve been to two physics interviews so far this year and they’ve been absolutely fine. I was sooo nervous before I went in but the interviewer assured me that everyone is nervous and they take that into consideration. They’re not trying to trick you - just trying to find out if you’ll be good on the course
Charlotte Da
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have an interview on the 7th for Biomedical Sciences as well! How is your prep going?
manon-haf
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had my interview last week for Biomed at Manchester and I was really nervous but there's no reason to be! We were told at the talk we went to first that we had all been short-listed, that there was a good chance we would get an offer, and that they had only rejected something like 4 people on the last interview day they had the week before.
The interview was really chill, one on one with an academic in the lab with a bunch of other people around having their interviews as well. I was asked what had inspired me to choose biomedical sciences, and that was pretty much the only question I was asked. It was more like a chat, we talked about the placement opportunities and module choices, and about antibiotic resistance, since I had mentioned in my PS that I did my Individual project on it. It was very informal and more like a friendly chat than an interview.

Hope this puts you at ease and good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Fri, 19 Jun '20
    Sat, 20 Jun '20
    Sat, 3 Oct '20

Do you work while at uni?