The Student Room Group

Losing motivation to catch up on coursework.

Hey all!
I've gotten behind on my BTEC coursework, due to a mixture of me neglecting to do any over the Christmas holiday and due to spending a week off sick with the flu.
Now it's gotten to a stage where I'm over a week behind with most pieces, but now I'm just feeling apathetic to finish it all.

This work has caused me so much stress, and I need to complete it so I can go to University in September. But for the life of me, I just read the notes from my lecturers asking where it is and I just grow more and more unwilling to finish it.
My Girlfriend isn't helping things right now either - forcing me to talk to her late into the night due to threats of suicide and such.

I just want to shake this apathy off and get it done... But this mental block is too strong.
I don't want to fail this course... My life will have no meaning otherwise.
Reply 1
Perhaps it’s the all or nothing that is breeding the apathy? I’m kinda in the same place. I want my degree so bad but my motivation is low. Fear of failure and fear of success making me frozen

Although, you have a LOT going on. Perhaps it is time to lay some boundaries with GF and remind her of crisis lines. It’s okay to need time to recuperate from that high intensity of support. I’m a MH professional and I would struggle to have that in personal life and being what feels like or is the sole support for someone
Reply 2
I’d also tell your tutors what you’re dealing with. I’d even hazard telling them it is your gf.

Quick Reply

Latest