The Student Room Group

I like this guy but I don’t know if I should make a move or move on?

I really like this guy, when we first met I felt Chemistry between us it was as if we had zoned out and only saw each other in the room. After that we never talked again, we were both too shy to approach each other, although we would constantly smile and wave to each other but nothing more than a “hey or how r u”. We then went out together and I thought something was bound to happen, cause we were glued together the whole night but nothing happened. We went on holidays and there was no communication during that time. We got back, and I have gone out of my way to pursue him, we have been texting for a few days although the communication isn’t as quick as I’d like because he has been busy with family matters but he still makes sure to reply and keep the conversation going. The probkem is, from personal experience I can usually tell if a guy is into me because they will flirt or make a move, when it comes to him I can’t because he makes no moves. I don’t know if that’s his shy nature or he’s truly not interested and just being nice.

I don’t know whether to continue to pursue him or to simply move on.
I don’t know if it matters but he’s Muslim and I’m not, we have different upbringings, almost opposite personalities (he’s shy and laid back, I’m outgoing and talkative) and he has never dated anyone but I have.

Please help, and thank you!
Ask him out, that way you will know for sure one way or the other
Reply 2
Original post by MDouglas
Ask him out, that way you will know for sure one way or the other

I don’t have the balls to, any other advice? Thank you anyways
Original post by Anonymous
I really like this guy, when we first met I felt Chemistry between us it was as if we had zoned out and only saw each other in the room. After that we never talked again, we were both too shy to approach each other, although we would constantly smile and wave to each other but nothing more than a “hey or how r u”. We then went out together and I thought something was bound to happen, cause we were glued together the whole night but nothing happened. We went on holidays and there was no communication during that time. We got back, and I have gone out of my way to pursue him, we have been texting for a few days although the communication isn’t as quick as I’d like because he has been busy with family matters but he still makes sure to reply and keep the conversation going. The probkem is, from personal experience I can usually tell if a guy is into me because they will flirt or make a move, when it comes to him I can’t because he makes no moves. I don’t know if that’s his shy nature or he’s truly not interested and just being nice.

I don’t know whether to continue to pursue him or to simply move on.
I don’t know if it matters but he’s Muslim and I’m not, we have different upbringings, almost opposite personalities (he’s shy and laid back, I’m outgoing and talkative) and he has never dated anyone but I have.

Please help, and thank you!

I was in a similar position at uni last year and it didn't work out when I emailed him to try to get to know him and etc. I guess it could be due to his shy nature or religion. I am Muslim myself, but I feel like the guy I liked is more religious and traditional so his parents wouldn't approve and he might have been "promised" to marry someone else anyway. So, while I could tell that he was attracted to me and even seemed to yearn to want to approach/talk to me, he didn't respond and I never returned his gazes again or go out of my way to acknowledge his presence after the fact because there was no point in it anymore after I put myself out there, which wasn't easy even if it was just a brief email message. Anyway, you tell me whether you think he is the strict religious type. If so, he definitely won't date someone, especially not a non-Muslim, considering the amount of drama this would probably cause with his family.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending