The Student Room Group

Does rape count towards your body count of sexual partners?

I know many will say that numbers are not important and it doesnt matter, etc..
But I was raped and I am worried about future relationships and friendships when the question of "how many people have you slept with?" comes up. Before I was raped I had only ever slept with one person, so in your personal opinions what should I say in future, in regards to the number... one or two?
Only if you want it to
A good answer to the question is 'why do you want to know?' Depending on the response, you can then take it from there.

But whatever you say is up to you. You don't need to come out about being a rape survivor, for example.

So you can say 'one', or 'two', or 'two, but one was when someone raped me', or 'can't count', or 'none' or...
Personally I would just say one ......Body count meaning how many consensual sexual partners one has had. I also think this will be best to take your mind away from your experience if you just say one but that's not to say act like it never happened.
completely up to you but you could always say you've only had consensual sex with one person and then they'd probably get the idea
Why do we need a body count?

I'm married, have been with my husband for 16 years, married for 11. He is my second husband, and I his third wife. We both know that each other has had sexual partners, but never have we put a number on our conquests.

Personally, I wouldn't count rape, I would, however, telling a loving partner about the experience.
This is a dicey point. Your question is controversial. However I think you have had sex with two different people.

The number is two
Original post by mmnp222
What if you dated that person for awhile and had consensual sex with them and they ended up raping you later on? Consensual counts but I don’t want to be reminded of the noncensensual

I think in this situation the person would count because you did have consensual sex with them beforehand and you dated them.

Quick Reply

Latest