Which ACCA Distance Learning provider is the best at the moment Watch

Picuri
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi Everyone

I am currently a stay at home mother ( 35+ ) of my nearly 3 year old and 11 month old. In 2007 I joined my partner in his very successful small retail business. Within a few years I found myself pretty much running the shop floor (directing staff, merchandising , buying, costing and deciding our price, looking for the next big product, advising customers, inputting invoices on Microsoft Dynamics RMS, running sales reports etc.) as he decided to tap into and grow the internet side of things (Facebook, newsletters and everything the mail order involved ).
However after 10 years it was time to be parents and we sold our business 18 months ago.
I am looking for information and hopefully guidance to a new beginning. I am considering ACCA. My long term aim is to be self-employed in order to work around school pick-ups and drop-offs.
My question is with all the distance learning providers out there which one is the best? I almost narrowed it down to Kaplan and First Intuition and then I found other sites such as Open Tuition and HTFT Partnership. Has anybody else taken this route and which provider was the chosen one. Thank you

Many thanks
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
Picuri
Rep:
?
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
Thank you
Lord Nutter
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
BPP maybe?
Picuri
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lord Nutter)
BPP maybe?
I have been suggested that BPP can be dry reading compared to First Intuition and Kaplan. Have you got any personal experience studying with BPP and what course are you studying. Thank you
DiiL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Picuri)
Hi Everyone

I am currently a stay at home mother ( 35+ ) of my nearly 3 year old and 11 month old. In 2007 I joined my partner in his very successful small retail business. Within a few years I found myself pretty much running the shop floor (directing staff, merchandising , buying, costing and deciding our price, looking for the next big product, advising customers, inputting invoices on Microsoft Dynamics RMS, running sales reports etc.) as he decided to tap into and grow the internet side of things (Facebook, newsletters and everything the mail order involved ).
However after 10 years it was time to be parents and we sold our business 18 months ago.
I am looking for information and hopefully guidance to a new beginning. I am considering ACCA. My long term aim is to be self-employed in order to work around school pick-ups and drop-offs.
My question is with all the distance learning providers out there which one is the best? I almost narrowed it down to Kaplan and First Intuition and then I found other sites such as Open Tuition and HTFT Partnership. Has anybody else taken this route and which provider was the chosen one. Thank you

Many thanks
Hi, I've used BPP and Kaplan and found the study books hard work and I think that they have too much content. I've recently discovered Open Tuition -

https://opentuition.com/

The course notes and lectures are free so I've only had to pay for the Exam revision book and to book the exam! Great so far, could be worth a look

I'm a working single mum and I find this way much easier. They give you what you need to pass the exam rather than a massive book with everything and it's dog in to trawl through.

Good luck
heymatt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi,

I have used Kaplan on-demand, I found the online platform very messy and disorganized (at least for my tax f6 module). I did not like the overall structure. Additionally its very pricey (£750 for 1 applied skills module)

In terms of books, If you want to save time, use Kaplan study textbooks over BPP as its more practical and less words. Either BPP or Kaplan exam kits are good, in the end of the day, you want to do as many questions as possible.

Open-tuition is good without having to pay money except for exam kits. But personally for me its ok, its great for using if you need another perspective if you don't understand something

I recommend using 1 of the 2 providers:

1) Learnsignal (http://www.learnsignal.com) - Gold Approved - I have recently started using this (found it from official ACCA media emails and they were advertising them). I really like this one, its extremely easy to understand videos and the best structured online platform. They do bite-sized videos, notes, questions after each video plus a lot of additional practice content. It subscription based, very cheap and gives all the ACCA modules if you are subscribed. I have only been using it for a while so I cannot check with my performance at an exam. BUT they say, learning with them is all you need to pass the exam

2) Avado (https://avadolearning.com) - Gold Approved - This one looks good with a very well structured content and fairly reasonable price. Physically books are provided.

Tell me how it goes.
LastDiscovery
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I am a very experienced ACCA teacher and I teach extremely well. I can tutor you from the beginning of ACCA over skype and you will pay me after each class.

Feel free to contact me.

Skype me on Skype at: ACCA Skype Tutor
or Facebook me at: Last Discovery
FMELearnOnline
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Online learning is about finding someone who fits your personal preferences.
1. Do you like independent study, or do you need tutor support? If study is easy for you, then buy a dry text and a revision kit and put in the work.
2. Are you looking for up to date learning materials? Slick static content (like high quality video) is expensive, so is rarely re-shot. It can be very dated.
3. Do you want tutor access? Will that tutor support be any good? Ask before you buy. With big players the tutor who supports you is often on a wage, so just wants you off the line asap. Independent tutors often give more support than the big players - but are they any good? Look around.

Summary: If you are after a good trainer, then don't be seduced by the brand marketing - pick your tutor not your brand.I've been training professional exams for 30 years, as trainer, examiner, marker etc. and run an online training platform.

Whatever you choose, good luck!
Last edited by FMELearnOnline; 5 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (154)
17.64%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.71%
No I am happy with my course choice (516)
59.11%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed