Loughborough University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi everyone

I know a fair few of you are interested in subjects that will involve working in our new STEMLab.

We've made a short video that gives a bit of a tour around which you might find interesting.

We've got it on all our social media channels
www.facebook.com/lborouniversity
www.twitter.com/lborouniversity
www.instagram.com/lborouniversity

or you can have a look on our Youtube channel here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR6ajPbQDI8

Hope you enjoy it

Vicky
TheMatt
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks Vicky, it looks really cool

Out of interest, if I was going to visit Loughborough on a 'self-guided tour' do I need to book in advance or can I just turn up and have a look around? And could I do that on the weekend or is it only weekdays? I haven't received an offer yet but wanted to get a look around so I can see what it's like there.
Loughborough University
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheMatt)
Thanks Vicky, it looks really cool

Out of interest, if I was going to visit Loughborough on a 'self-guided tour' do I need to book in advance or can I just turn up and have a look around? And could I do that on the weekend or is it only weekdays? I haven't received an offer yet but wanted to get a look around so I can see what it's like there.
Hi TheMatt

It really is cool!
Most departments are offering visit days you can come to if you get an invite so I think you'd find that far more useful.

The self-guided tour you can do anytime, but the buildings won't be open for general access on the weekends - but it would give you an idea of the campus and what's where. You can turn up whenever you want to.

A better option is a campus tour on a Wednesday afternoon that'd be useful - you'd need to book on for this here http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergr.../campus-tours/

Hope that helps
Vicky
TheMatt
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Loughborough University)
Hi TheMatt

It really is cool!
Most departments are offering visit days you can come to if you get an invite so I think you'd find that far more useful.

The self-guided tour you can do anytime, but the buildings won't be open for general access on the weekends - but it would give you an idea of the campus and what's where. You can turn up whenever you want to.

A better option is a campus tour on a Wednesday afternoon that'd be useful - you'd need to book on for this here http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergr.../campus-tours/

Hope that helps
Vicky
Thank you, yes I agree a visit day would definitely be the most useful. Hopefully I'll get an offer and an invite through soon, the wait is driving me crazy haha.

I don't suppose you know how the application reviews are going for computer science and artificial intelligence do you? Or just generally what the timescales are between applying and receiving a decision?

Thanks again,
Matt
Loughborough University
Rep:
?
Thank you, yes I agree a visit day would definitely be the most useful. Hopefully I'll get an offer and an invite through soon, the wait is driving me crazy haha.

I don't suppose you know how the application reviews are going for computer science and artificial intelligence do you? Or just generally what the timescales are between applying and receiving a decision?

Thanks again,
Matt
Hi TheMatt

I think they're taking 3 weeks or so. I know there was a load of applications in just before deadline.
I've just had a look at Comp Sci & AI and there are a lot with "New Application" next to them which means they've not been processed yet.
Give another week (you applied on the 12th didn't you?) and if you've not heard, you can send me you details and I can look in to it for you.

Vicky
TheMatt
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you - much appreciated.
Loughborough University
Rep:
?
Thank you - much appreciated.
No problem
Vicky
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (121)
15.69%
Uncertainty around my education (125)
16.21%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (72)
9.34%
Isolating with family (51)
6.61%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (30)
3.89%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (66)
8.56%
Loneliness (81)
10.51%
Financial worries (32)
4.15%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (70)
9.08%
Exposure to negative news/social media (50)
6.49%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (73)
9.47%

Watched Threads