The Student Room Group

University Choice

Can I add another University choice? I have used up 5 of my choices and it’s past the deadline. Just wondering if I could and maybe remove one of my original choices. I understand there is a fee involved.
@PQ can you help?
Original post by Ben1601
Can I add another University choice? I have used up 5 of my choices and it’s past the deadline. Just wondering if I could and maybe remove one of my original choices. I understand there is a fee involved.

Under UCAS:
You can substitute choices within 14 days of applying.

After this date the only way to apply to another choice is to decline/withdraw from your initial 5 choices and use UCAS Extra.

You can apply to some additional choices outside UCAS but these would be courses below degree level or part time/distance learning degrees.
Original post by PQ
Under UCAS:
You can substitute choices within 14 days of applying.

After this date the only way to apply to another choice is to decline/withdraw from your initial 5 choices and use UCAS Extra.

You can apply to some additional choices outside UCAS but these would be courses below degree level or part time/distance learning degrees.

hey I am in the same situation I think
I want to replace a uni with another uni will I need to do the same thing? thanks
Original post by wonderdream
hey I am in the same situation I think
I want to replace a uni with another uni will I need to do the same thing? thanks

Did you apply within the last 14 days? If so contact UCAS

If you applied more than 14 days ago then you cannot substitute a choice. You can only apply elsewhere by declining all offers/withdrawing from your original 5 choices
Original post by PQ
Did you apply within the last 14 days? If so contact UCAS

If you applied more than 14 days ago then you cannot substitute a choice. You can only apply elsewhere by declining all offers/withdrawing from your original 5 choices

oh no I applied in october... but I just want to replace one? so I can't do it?
oh no I applied in october... but I just want to replace one? so I can't do it?

No you can't substitute choices after 14 days. 5 choices is considered to be enough for most applicants (and those who have a serious change of heart can give up their original 5 choices to use Extra/Clearing or take a gap year and reapply to another 5 choices)

That's why UCAS say to think carefully before choosing your 5 choices (and why on TSR we advise only applying to 4 choices initially and deciding on your 5th choice later on).
Original post by PQ
No you can't substitute choices after 14 days. 5 choices is considered to be enough for most applicants (and those who have a serious change of heart can give up their original 5 choices to use Extra/Clearing or take a gap year and reapply to another 5 choices)

That's why UCAS say to think carefully before choosing your 5 choices (and why on TSR we advise only applying to 4 choices initially and deciding on your 5th choice later on).

oh well I just joined tsr recently what a shame thanks for your help PQ
oh well I just joined tsr recently what a shame thanks for your help PQ

Sorry for the bad news - what were you hoping to apply to?
Original post by PQ
Sorry for the bad news - what were you hoping to apply to?

a different uni but the same course as I have mixed feelings about the other
no worries though, we make mistakes in life:smile:
a different uni but the same course as I have mixed feelings about the other
no worries though, we make mistakes in life:smile:

Keep an eye out for when UCAS Extra opens in February - if the university you are interested in is open in Extra then it's worth applying. If you explain the situation to your current universities they may well be able to hold a place for you to come back via Extra if you don't get an offer from the new university.
Original post by PQ
Keep an eye out for when UCAS Extra opens in February - if the university you are interested in is open in Extra then it's worth applying. If you explain the situation to your current universities they may well be able to hold a place for you to come back via Extra if you don't get an offer from the new university.

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending