Teacher thinks I should drop AH Chemistry? Watch

Ultraviolet16
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I scored 35% in the Chemistry prelim, average score in my class was around 50%. She told me that it would be a lot of work to study Unit 1 (we haven't really started Unit 2 so it wasn't in the prelim except for the first couple topics) as well as Unit 2. I wanted to drop it before the prelim, but the teacher insisted on making me sit the prelim and then deciding and my score is obviously really low. I really wanted to study medicine at uni and I have had interviews, but I've honestly wanted to drop chemistry since National 5 level and I don't think I can cope at advanced higher. I don't want to give up medicine but I think I'll have to because of chemistry tbh. I'm not really sure what to do now because I only have chemistry, biology and English so I'd have to crash a Higher or Nat 5 in 3 months. Advice please?
goldilocks12
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Crashing a higher in 3 months is possible, I learnt higher music in fourth year in 2 months and came out with an A. You probably could pull up your grade by May but if you really hate it then there might not be much point. Most medicine courses need chemistry but there’s lots of other courses similar to medicine that might not. Good luck
ellton
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would advice against dropping it, in my AH chemistry class last year the top mark was 52% and only 2 people passed. These are just the prelims tho and give you a taste of the types of questions you’ll be asked. I found that most of the effort is put into the work in the time after the prelims and before the exams. If you like the chemistry and it would be useful for what you do after school then stick at it.
Ultraviolet16
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I mean my mom is saying she'll cut my internet if I drop it so I don't have any other choice other than taking it and wanting to die for the next three months. She's threatening to cut my internet and cancel our holiday plans, but I don't think I can stand another day. I'm just going to have to stick it out and study something else other than medicine once I'm in uni cause it's not like I can get above a C in chem tbh. I basically ruined my life by taking chem.
Sorry I'm just ranting and sad. Thank you for the advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Suffolk
    Undergraduate Open Day - Ipswich Main Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 9 Dec '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (151)
19.28%
Labour (396)
50.57%
Liberal Democrats (109)
13.92%
Green Party (41)
5.24%
Brexit Party (10)
1.28%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.51%
SNP (14)
1.79%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.51%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.77%
SDLP (1)
0.13%
Ulster Unionist (4)
0.51%
UKIP (8)
1.02%
Other (6)
0.77%
None (29)
3.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise