Just screwed up Chemistry A2 mock. Not sure what to do..

Watch
Audrius,C
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I just screwed up a Chem A2 mock and I'm feeling pretty upset about it. I love chemistry and have applied to University but the more I do these exams the more stressed I am and the more I think that I just want to do something that makes me more happy. So is there any other possible career paths with Chemistry that someone could advise me on? Apprenticeships and the like?
qam
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you shouldn't give up too fast yet. What year are you in? even if you are in your final years of studying and lets say you did get a U in your moks as a worst case senario then there's still a long way to go till the real thing. you really could put in a lot of effort and end up getting top grades in chemistry. you really should not let the mocks disheartened you. lets say if you do flop your exam then have a backup plan but for now i think tat you shouldn't worry. You ould retake as well if you really do want to go to uni. but colleges and apprentiships can get you in uni as well.
*RHCP*
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just wanted to give you a piece of friendly advice coming from someone who took chemistry and biology Alevels last year. You can’t avoid it. Sometimes you might do better on one paper than the other, but you can’t avoid failure as much as you try, it’s not that your dumb or dim it’s just that you might have strengths in other areas. But hey, the good news is that there is a reason it’s called a ‘mock’ paper. Don’t beat yourself up about a low grade, this is where the real learning comes. 1.look at the questions you didn’t answer correctly. 2. Understand where you might have gone wrong. 3. Understand the correct answer and redo the question at a later time under exam conditions... don’t give up you still have time!!! And if I can give you any useful tips about those awful exams we sat for the first time of the New Alevel system last year is, don’t base the format of the exam in specimen papers. Just try and do as many past papers as possible and read around the subject (extra reading goes alooooong way)...and when I say past papers I mean old old dusty cobwebbed papers that were written back in the early 2000’s. I know it’s a bit weird but you never know what traps they include in those exams, so better to be safe than sorry. I just wish I knew that before I sat those godawful papers. Anyways, keep your head up, learn from your mistakes, stay positive and most important of all try your best. At the end of the day if you don’t get in immediately to do the thing that you want at first, there are always different pathways or routes to eventually get you there. It’s not the end of the world!!! Good luck my friend 🙂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (139)
14.33%
I'm not sure (42)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (289)
29.79%
I have already dropped out (25)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (475)
48.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed