friend is trying to cheat on gf... Need advice Watch

RickHendricks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So this is the main bit basically:

I made a thread 2 days ago but it didnt get any replies and situation's gone bit far since

My friend, whom I would consider like good friends (we talk, and meet occasionally, outside of school ofc), has a gf in london

Now due to his ethnicity, his parents dont know of it, therefore, he hasnt told people in school except me and another guy.

Now to make understanding easier, let's name my friend (with gf in london), person A, and the guy that knows he's got gf, other than me, person B because he plays a crucial role too/

Now recently, there's been this girl at our school, and my friend (person A) has taken a liking to her and started hanging out with her a lot. He added her on sc, and ditched out lunchtime football to go out with her (sixth form, so students can leave the premise). He goes down to shops and etc with her. Even in form, he made the kid that sits next to her move so that he can sit next to her.

Now... Person B is also quite a close friend of mine. I know a lot of his secrets and so does he. However, all 3 of them (person B, Person A, and the girl) are all in the same tutor, meaning that they see each other atleast once a day.

Now here's the clash: person A has started talking about Person B's back, claiming that Person B likes the girl (even though it's obvious person A likes her more) and that he's trying "so hard" to get her.

But knowing person B, who's very religious, I know he would not. I confronted him, and he said it's because the girl's really nice and he just looks out for her. and knowing person B's background life and etc, i can assure you he's being honest here.

However he said he is extremely annoyed by what person A's doing, because he feels that he's doing wrong to both the girls (gf in london and girl in school) and if either one finds out about the other girl, it would devastate them. I think he's right, so I took side with him.

I still however was not sure whether person A likes the girl or not.

So I confronted him myself and saw what he said. When I did, he said that he doesnt like the girl, but that the girl likes her. I know for sure this is utter bs and it's where I lose my patience. He says "he doesn't even try" even though during private tuitions (where there are other people), he brags and talks about the girl all the time.

What should i do now? Should i side with person A and let him try to cheat? Should i side with person B and confront the girl at our school that person A's got a gf?

But if i ignore and do nothing, one of them will get definetely (the girls) get devasted and feel cheated on, and if I let that happen, I lose person B's respect forever, and he's a very close friend of mine and helped me during tough times.

If you've read all this, tell me what you would do, because I dont know what to do.
username2178331
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Stay out of it, trust me. There is no way that your involvement (of any degree) can be helpful in this scenario. Denounce the actions of the cheater but stay well clear of it and don't ask for any details. I've had to learn a similar lesson the hard way.
RickHendricks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by amibee)
Stay out of it, trust me. There is no way that your involvement (of any degree) can be helpful in this scenario. Denounce the actions of the cheater but stay well clear of it and don't ask for any details. I've had to learn a similar lesson the hard way.
I want to, but everytime i refuse to tell either one of them any form of reply regarding this issue, I get a backslash from them. I don't care about the girls at all, but i dont want to get on the bad side of some good friends.
username3750700
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just stay out of it. Drama can be fun but ultimately you should just observe.

You may be morally against cheating but the gf is not your friend and neither is it your business

Just make it clear to Person B that you dont want any involvement, since its not your business nor are you in their class. If he's a good friend he'll understand - alternatively you can just act dumb and think there's nothing going on with Person A
username2178331
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RickHendricks)
I want to, but everytime i refuse to tell either one of them any form of reply regarding this issue, I get a backslash from them. I don't care about the girls at all, but i dont want to get on the bad side of some good friends.
"You know what I think, I've already told you. I'm not getting involved in this drama. I'm not the person you need to be angry with" If these people don't take that as THE END OF THE CONVERSATION then honestly, you may need to consider whether these people are actually your mates. None of my friends would ever put me in a scenario like this and I would never put them in a scenario like it. For the time being it may suck that they're dragging you into this but don't fall for it and don't cave. Keep saying that you don't want no drama and stick to it. People are going to be angry with you but that anger is going to be much more short-lived than any anger that may result from broken relationships that you have had a hand in should you get involved. Protect your own interests before others interests, that's a sucky thing to do but it seems from your mate's behaviors that this is absolutely necessary....they don't seem to be respecting you at all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (145)
24.37%
Pop (145)
24.37%
Jazz (26)