Is digitalization in fashion educational courses the next step forward? Watch

lechifre2911
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Dear all,

I am interested on create interesting topics of discussion. I would really appreciate your input on my threads. So...

Technology and digital information monopolizes everything, from social media as a marketing tool, to drones for police investigations and pursuit. The educational system is staying behind and it is not keeping up with today’s technological and social everyday-life advancements.

Digital learning is has been quite popular especially in United States, giving the opportunity for students to acquire knowledge from home without sacrificing time on travelling, enhancing accessibility from anywhere, anytime. Colleges and Universities provide very little theoretical and practical knowledge. Teachers having less than 10 hours direct contact with their students in their Degree, having just enough time to guide the student on what to do in very broad terms.

I would like to know your opinion about the digitalization of the educational sector regarding creative subject, specifically fashion design or any other fashion subject, for instance marketing or retail.
  • Would you say that Colleges and Universities are badly equipped for the fashion industry of today?
  • Do you think educational institutions should adopt a more digital approach on their courses? Or rather change their actual structure and try to provide a better educational infrastructure?
  • Is distance learning suitable for fashion courses?

Thanks for your opinions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (129)
17.97%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.17%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.13%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.48%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.75%
How can I be the best version of myself? (219)
30.5%

Watched Threads