The Student Room Group

Does the creative educational sector need more funding?

Dear all,

I am interested on create interesting topics of discussion. I would really appreciate your input on my threads. So...

Fashion and creative course in general receive limited funding as it is ranked very low on any educational sector worldwide, due to its irrelevance on the development of social or political advancement.

The limitation on governmental funding on the creative arts impacts heavily on the design and technological sectors, and this is especially true on fashion courses. As a consequence, creative subjects do not keep up with industry standards and skill requirements for these jobs, making students irrelevant and extremely inexperienced after their degree.

I would like to know your opinion about the lack of technological resources provided on fashion colleges and universities in specific, but also true in art and design courses around the world; and how this matter affects the future of the creative industry overall but specially for the future new generations of fashion designers.

Would you say that creative courses are equipped with the necessary tools to succeed in the creative industry, especially in the fashion sector?

Are Fashion Colleges and Universities up to date with the fashion industry?

Do you think the creative sector needs more funding to nourish the future generation of fashion designers?

Thanks for your opinions.

Quick Reply

Latest