working at university when you go home out of term Watch

maria2606
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey
I'm going to university in September 2018 and I'm moving out of London into Leicester.

i was wondering how easy it is to find work that is only term time so that i can go home for holidays.

Thanks
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by maria2606)
Hey
I'm going to university in September 2018 and I'm moving out of London into Leicester.

i was wondering how easy it is to find work that is only term time so that i can go home for holidays.

Thanks
On campus easy as the uni largely shuts down outside of term time but in the city not so easy as businesses still have to run.
SHUGURU
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by maria2606)
Hey

Thanks
Hey!

Do you have a job already? Occasionally if you have a job with a chain that's in both cities, they'll let you split your contract between the two places, which seems to work quite well.

If not, as alleycat393 said, look for jobs on campus or with the university. In my first and second year at uni I was a student ambassador, showing prospective students around on open days, and giving tours of the city and my accommodation. This was great as it was always in term time and the university was more than understanding if I couldn't work because of studies or deadlines; however, it wasn't a very regular job as open days and tours were only around once a month. I've been able to find a job working with the university that is weekly and still as understanding now though - so it's worth looking to your university!

In the city, everywhere you go will have different views on when they will ask you to work. It's worth applying to discuss with them, though!

Ellie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

What are your favourite crisps?