What breed do you think my pup is?

Watch
bethcarson
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Been told by breeders she’s a boxer cross ridgeback and when I’ve took her out for a walk people have basically called me a liar because of her colour but you can get black and white boxers? She’s 15/16 weeks, want your opinions and outlook on it? Name:  D36FE500-99BD-4C06-B2E9-453836D06C20.jpg.jpeg
Views: 55
Size:  19.9 KBName:  D36FE500-99BD-4C06-B2E9-453836D06C20.jpg.jpeg
Views: 55
Size:  19.9 KB
emma1404
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I don’t know but she’s absolutely adorable, what’s her name?
bethcarson
Rep:
Minnie
Little Tail Chaser
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
You can get black and white boxers. Tbh I could believe that she is what the breeder told you she is. If she's a cross then she'll probably have less risk of the many health problems that boxers are prone to so that's good I would have suggested her as having some collie blood if you hadn't mentioned what the breeder claimed. If it matters a lot to you then you can get blood tests that will give you a breakdown of which breeds she is but I have no idea how much that costs.

I don't mean to sound preachy, but in future it's good practice to ask to see the b1tch and the dog that fathered the puppies so that you have a better idea of what you're buying. I do appreciate that it's done now though.

She's very cute anyway!

Edited cos TSR edited out my perfectly legitimate use of the word for a female dog
bethcarson
Rep:
Thank you, I got her for my 18th birthday and my boyfriend saw the father and mother but some breeders and dodgy and people when I’ve walked my dog have bluntly called me a liar about her breed, she has defiantly got boxer in her as I can see myself I had one before growing up ☺️
Little Tail Chaser
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bethcarson)
Thank you, I got her for my 18th birthday and my boyfriend saw the father and mother but some breeders and dodgy and people when I’ve walked my dog have bluntly called me a liar about her breed, she has defiantly got boxer in her as I can see myself I had one before growing up ☺️
Ahh fair play in that case. That's totally rude and inappropriate of those strangers you met while walking her and while I do get that black and white boxers are much less common, they are just showing their ignorance She has a boxer face for sure.
faloodeh
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
ASDGGJDKS beautiful pupper.

what the breeder said sounds believable
EdwardBarfield9
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
A dog
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
pupper adorabillis
Kraggor
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bethcarson)
Minnie
Boxer/Border Collie?

Also what a coincidence! My dog is also called Minnie and she has the exact same colouring!
If you go to my profile and album you can see pics of her haha

Your dog is so lovely:love:
Kraggor
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
You can get black and white boxers. Tbh I could believe that she is what the breeder told you she is. If she's a cross then she'll probably have less risk of the many health problems that boxers are prone to so that's good I would have suggested her as having some collie blood if you hadn't mentioned what the breeder claimed. If it matters a lot to you then you can get blood tests that will give you a breakdown of which breeds she is but I have no idea how much that costs.

I don't mean to sound preachy, but in future it's good practice to ask to see the b1tch and the dog that fathered the puppies so that you have a better idea of what you're buying. I do appreciate that it's done now though.

She's very cute anyway!

Edited cos TSR edited out my perfectly legitimate use of the word for a female dog
Haha the edit for b*tch Isn't it great when an actual word becomes known more for offending people :rolleyes:

Also I agree with the collie part as she looks exactly the same as my dogs patterns and mine is beagle/collie
And her posture and body type looks like a boxer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.74%
Okay (110)
28.95%
A bit lacking (142)
37.37%
Not good at all (91)
23.95%

Watched Threads