The Student Room Group

How often to talk in a relationship.

Hi, so I guess we’ll me and my girlfriend stared dateing 7 months ago. We’re both 16. We go to different schools so we only get to see each other 1 or 2 times a week because of a club. As we’re busy and not had much time to hang out at weekends. And it’s just be bugging me of the fact we don’t talk much like texting. I don’t want to text her all the time as I don’t want to look clingy. It also always be me who starts up the conversation. But I think we need to talk more. I don’t really know. So any help would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by JustElla
Hi, so I guess we’ll me and my girlfriend stared dateing 7 months ago. We’re both 16. We go to different schools so we only get to see each other 1 or 2 times a week because of a club. As we’re busy and not had much time to hang out at weekends. And it’s just be bugging me of the fact we don’t talk much like texting. I don’t want to text her all the time as I don’t want to look clingy. It also always be me who starts up the conversation. But I think we need to talk more. I don’t really know. So any help would be much appreciated.

Talk about anything you want, that's one of the great things about a relationship. She's your girlfriend, why would you be afraid to talk to her?

To answer your question, message them whenever you want. She's your girlfriend, so texting them once a day won't appear clingy at all. If she thought you were clingy then you wouldn't have been together for this long. It's not like you're all up in her face with "hi" messages every 2 hours.

Considering you only see her once or twice a week, communication over text is a good way to talk to each other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending