yakyakyak
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello, I was hoping/wondering if any current students at Wolverhampton would be open to sharing pictures of their uni rooms.

I’ve tried finding pictures of North Road but can’t find very many. Same with the other en-suite’s.
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
toyyibdimeji
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I hope you got some info. I'll be going to Wolverhampton in September and confused on where to stay.
Owari
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey guys! Going into 3rd year here and have stayed at halls in Wolves for my whole degree.

I’ve lived at Fiveways for year 1 and 2 and that was alright, 1st year flat was awful, 2nd year was alright just dirty flatmates typical stuff and high costs.

I couldn’t spend a 3rd year there due to high costs and the amount of drug abuse and dealers!! It was also quite dangerous with people running around with weapons once (don’t go aha).

North Road is a dive. It’s a lot of people and shared bathrooms HOWEVER, my friends who are a mix of ERASMUS and normal residents had onsuite and they paid more than me, for a worse accommodation!! The only perk was some £300 discount in 1st year but that was for some awful travel scheme that no one needed since we live in city centre.

However, this year I’m staying at Union State (Liberty Living) and it’s cheap and really close to the city centre right NEXT to the train station and is really new/ modern!! Like really modern flats.

I’ve lived in / been in all of these par from Union (tours etc only) and I’m concrete on my choice with this place.

I wouldn’t stay in room 301 or whatever it is, overly expensive for lacklustre place and studios 51 is great if you want to spend 130 a week on a place right in the town booming from the clubs at night :P

If you have any questions I’ll be watching to reply. I’ll try get my friends to message me their room picks.
Jessy212615
Badges: 6
Report 2 years ago
Hey, I just got accepted into the university and received my Enrollment pass. Just wanted to ask how do I apply for acommodation??
Owari
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jessy212615)
Hey, I just got accepted into the university and received my Enrollment pass. Just wanted to ask how do I apply for acommodation??
Which accommodation are you looking into? Uni owned or private? Prices are the same ish but Unis quality isn’t as good as private. Pros and cons of each (security etc). I’ll provide links when you decide 🤞🏻👍🏻
Jessy212615
Badges: 6
Report 2 years ago
I was planning on just halls with an ensuite. City campus?? It says I need to confirm enrollment in order to apply for acommodation I’ve received a confirmation e-mail but need to show it to the facility student services...How do I do that call them up?
Owari
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jessy212615)
I was planning on just halls with an ensuite. City campus?? It says I need to confirm enrollment in order to apply for acommodation I’ve received a confirmation e-mail but need to show it to the facility student services...How do I do that call them up?
City just means in Wolves (Wolverhampton). I’m based there but some people study in Telford, Walsall etc. If I recall correctly there’s like 20-30 onsuites owned by the uni? And private halls are all on suite!

I think you can confirm enrolment online, then wait a bit for it to update and ring student service soon yeah, they’ll guide you. If you decide on private (cheaper and modern) you’ll just go onto the respective websites!
toyyibdimeji
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks for the information.

Would it be possible to get accommodation at Liberty Heights when I resume in September?

I will also like to know the possibility of paying rent monthly.

Thank you.
Owari
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by toyyibdimeji)
Thanks for the information.

Would it be possible to get accommodation at Liberty Heights when I resume in September?

I will also like to know the possibility of paying rent monthly.

Thank you.
Deffo! Just apply through their website (Liberty halls Wolverhampton).

Paying monthly isn’t a thing in halls unfortunately it’s normally deposit, 1st mini payment then 3 lump payments when loan dates come through!
toyyibdimeji
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Owari)
Deffo! Just apply through their website (Liberty halls Wolverhampton).

Paying monthly isn’t a thing in halls unfortunately it’s normally deposit, 1st mini payment then 3 lump payments when loan dates come through!
Awesome! Thanks. I'll apply in mid-late September when I resume. Hope to see you then.

What advice would you give about opening bank account? Looking for a student friendly bank with the possibility of activating the account in a very short time. I will need a UK account asap when I resume.
Owari
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by toyyibdimeji)
Awesome! Thanks. I'll apply in mid-late September when I resume. Hope to see you then.

What advice would you give about opening bank account? Looking for a student friendly bank with the possibility of activating the account in a very short time. I will need a UK account asap when I resume.
If circumstances allow, I’d apply for the accommodation ASAP to secure yourself a place as with clearing a lot of places in local accom will fill up!

I signed up with HSBC for the amazon vouchers, this year may have better deals that are more attractive to you from other banks though!

Like wise, give us a shout if you need more advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (334)
55.57%
I don't have everything I need (267)
44.43%

Watched Threads