The Student Room Group

I made a grammatical error in my medical personal statement, am i screwed?

So I decided last minute to change a portion of my PS. I used former and latter and instead of using former as the first, I went with latter. 😭 I feel like this is such a major error. 😭😭
Original post by SeagullPlayer
So I decided last minute to change a portion of my PS. I used former and latter and instead of using former as the first, I went with latter. 😭 I feel like this is such a major error. 😭😭

Unlikely. People make mistakes at all levels.
Reply 2
I also make a grammatical error in my PS, but then again it wasn't medicine...
Reply 3

It’s only a grammatical error, I doubt they’ll care about a small mistake.
Reply 4

Does it significantly change the meaning of the sentence or entire personal statement?

"When I was first thinking about studying medicine I had two considerations in mind: I love every aspect of it or I can't stand it. After much deliberation I went with the latter."
(edited 6 years ago)
know
Reply 6
Original post by XOR_
know

I sea what you did their.
My paragraph was:

[Mod deleted]

I screwed.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
My paragraph was:

Don't post any part of your PS online until an application cycle is complete. That's worse than a grammatical error.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Not a big deal, don't worry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending