The Student Room Group

I like a guy and now I'm confused

Right now I'm in grade 11 and I changed schools in grade 9. Since then, I met a guy and over a period of time began to like him. I told my frienemies about it and well they told it to him. He kept his distance for like months and then we got along due to school stuff. By 10th grade, I realized I really liked him and said those three words. He kind of ignored me and then I realized he had a girlfriend. And now he has broken up with her and has moved on for sure. So now, his best friend (girl) is dating my best friend (guy). We get along well now. We do not speak about whatever happened and he has been really close to me. Like teasing me about my celebrity crushes, teasing me in class (in a sweet way), talking to me more than often, has openly spoken in front of me about being single. I like him a lot and now I'm concerned if I should tell him that I still like him or no. Cause I'm really confused if he is just being friendly or does return some feelings back. Help!! My friends keep telling me I should wait or move on.
Reply 1
Original post by Christina-D
Right now I'm in grade 11 and I changed schools in grade 9. Since then, I met a guy and over a period of time began to like him. I told my frienemies about it and well they told it to him. He kept his distance for like months and then we got along due to school stuff. By 10th grade, I realized I really liked him and said those three words. He kind of ignored me and then I realized he had a girlfriend. And now he has broken up with her and has moved on for sure. So now, his best friend (girl) is dating my best friend (guy). We get along well now. We do not speak about whatever happened and he has been really close to me. Like teasing me about my celebrity crushes, teasing me in class (in a sweet way), talking to me more than often, has openly spoken in front of me about being single. I like him a lot and now I'm concerned if I should tell him that I still like him or no. Cause I'm really confused if he is just being friendly or does return some feelings back. Help!! My friends keep telling me I should wait or move on.

Maybe wait for a bit, as you say he could just be friendly towards you. You could try testing the waters first to see if he likes you, so some light flirting or perhaps compliment him and see how he responds.
Original post by Christina-D

Those who hesitate, lose.

Be risqué, ask a direct flirty question that gives him a get out of jail option. At an appropriate moment, ask him: "so why haven't you asked me for a date yet?"

He will either take the hint or will tell you he does not think if you in that way.

Either way you will have your answer.

Don't be shy!
(edited 6 years ago)
Move on woman. Over thinking things isn't healthy if a guy likes you trust me you would know 100% probably as soon as you start dating someone he will come running.
Reply 4
Just tell him you like him. If nothing happens, then hey at least you know and can move on and if he wants you back then awesome, you guys can make magic happen.

If you pass on the opportunity to tell this guy how you feel, then say a year or so from now and another guy might come along that you start to like and then this same scenario may well happen again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending