Value of Outstanding Cambridge Learner Award?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
quynn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm curious how universities will look at an Outstanding Cambridge Learner Award (Top in Country)? Will it increases my chance at getting offers? Should I put it in my application?

P.s. I'm an international student and I got two of those for IGCSE

Thanks
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by quynn)
I'm curious how universities will look at an Outstanding Cambridge Learner Award (Top in Country)? Will it increases my chance at getting offers? Should I put it in my application?

P.s. I'm an international student and I got two of those for IGCSE

Thanks
Your referee can mention it yes but bear in mind that most applicants will have some achievements like this so it won't necessarily make you stand out.
tim3
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by alleycat393)
Your referee can mention it yes but bear in mind that most applicants will have some achievements like this so it won't necessarily make you stand out.
Ummm no, most people don’t get these type of awards. It’s tww, three or maybe four That usually gets these awards. Everyone do not get selected. It’s the really the top few who gets these awards limited to the board they have sat.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by tim3)
Ummm no, most people don’t get these type of awards. It’s tww, three or maybe four That usually gets these awards. Everyone do not get selected. It’s the really the top few who gets these awards limited to the board they have sat.
Every board all over the world will have similar so no it doesn’t make you stand out.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (246)
60.44%
No (84)
20.64%
Not sure (77)
18.92%

Watched Threads