The Student Room Group

ou can't currently apply for student finance Based on your year of study and domicile

Hello, I am a non-uk national with Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)
residency status in the UK. But when I try to apply for a post-graduate study loan I keep getting the following message? You can't currently apply for student finance Based on your year of study and domicile, we cannot provide post graduate support for you at this time.

Kasun
Original post by kasun_pw88
Hello, I am a non-uk national with Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)
residency status in the UK. But when I try to apply for a post-graduate study loan I keep getting the following message? You can't currently apply for student finance Based on your year of study and domicile, we cannot provide post graduate support for you at this time.

Kasun

Hi kasun_pw88,

In order to be eligible for support you need to have Indefinite Leave to Remain and three years residency in the UK, prior to the start of the academic year.

Can I ask when does your course start and when did you come to live in the UK ?

Thanks Rona
Reply 2
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi kasun_pw88,

In order to be eligible for support you need to have Indefinite Leave to Remain and three years residency in the UK, prior to the start of the academic year.

Can I ask when does your course start and when did you come to live in the UK ?

Thanks Rona

Hi Rona,

I have Indefinite Leave to Remain & I came to live in the UK in September 2007.

My course starts in September 2018

Thanks,

Kasun
Hi Rona,

I have Indefinite Leave to Remain & I came to live in the UK in September 2007.

My course starts in September 2018

Thanks,

Kasun

Hi kasun,

Can I ask where you have been living since September 1, 2018,
have you been living in England or elsewhere in the UK ?

Thanks Rona
Reply 4
Hi kasun,

Can I ask where you have been living since September 1, 2018,
have you been living in England or elsewhere in the UK ?

Thanks Rona

I have been living in Brighton for the past 7 years and I am going to apply to the University of Sussex in Brighton, so i will continue to live in brighton

Thanks,

Kasun
I have been living in Brighton for the past 7 years and I am going to apply to the University of Sussex in Brighton, so i will continue to live in brighton

Thanks,

Kasun

Hi kasun,

Thank you for that information.

The reason you are receiving that message is because you are applying for the wrong academic year, the system recognises this when you enter the start date of your course.

For courses that start after August 2018, you need apply on the 2018/19 application.

We have no confirmed date as yet, but will update the website and all social media channels when we know, The Student Room, Facebook and Twitter.

http://twitter.com/SF_England
http://www.facebook.com/SFEngland

Regards Rona
Reply 6
I have had the same. I'm a UK National living in England and applying for a course in England and its saying I cant currently apply. My course starts in September 2018- what the heck!
Reply 7
Hi Rona,I am still receiving this message although the applications for 2018/19 are open now.Regards,Kasun
Reply 8
Hi Rona,I am still receiving this message although the applications for 2018/19 are open now.Regards,Kasun

Hi kasun,

Thank you for that information.

The reason you are receiving that message is because you are applying for the wrong academic year, the system recognises this when you enter the start date of your course.

For courses that start after August 2018, you need apply on the 2018/19 application.

We have no confirmed date as yet, but will update the website and all social media channels when we know, The Student Room, Facebook and Twitter.

http://twitter.com/SF_England
http://www.facebook.com/SFEngland

Regards Rona

Hi Kasun,

If you are still getting an error message when applying we advise that you try another browser, also if you are using an apple product this is not compatible and advise that you use a laptop or computer. The other option you have is to complete a paper application (see link below).

PN1 - http://bit.ly/2H8DT5g

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 10
Hello,

Your site shows that the applications are now open for courses starting in Sep 2019 but when I try I get the following message "Based on your year of study and domicile, we cannot provide a Postgraduate Master's Loan for you at this time."

I have a bachelors degree and looking to apply for a masters degree. I have lived in the UK since Sep 2007 and have settled status and my citizenship application is pending. I should be eligible to apply for a masters loan
Hi there,

Only the undergraduate appreciations are currently available. Post Graduate Loan applications are due to launch in the summer. Keep an eye on our social media channels around then for an announcement when they launch.

Thanks, Andy
Hello,

Your site shows that the applications are now open for courses starting in Sep 2019 but when I try I get the following message "Based on your year of study and domicile, we cannot provide a Postgraduate Master's Loan for you at this time."

I have a bachelors degree and looking to apply for a masters degree. I have lived in the UK since Sep 2007 and have settled status and my citizenship application is pending. I should be eligible to apply for a masters loan
Reply 12
Hi

I am a UK citizen and am applying for a masters course beginning in September 2019, however, when I apply it says "Based on your year of study and domicile, we cannot provide a Postgraduate Master's Loan for you at this time."

When will I be able to apply for a postgraduate loan?

Thanks
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest