Nick Holliday
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

Earlier this year I applied for and was granted a loan for my tuition fees. However, at the time I did not require a maintenance loan so I opted not to apply for this. However, due to unforeseen circumstances I now need the maintenance loan for this upcoming semester. Is it possible to now apply for a maintenance loan, despite the lateness and existing tuition fee loan? If so how can I do this?

Many thanks,

Nick
John B SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nick Holliday)
Hi,

Earlier this year I applied for and was granted a loan for my tuition fees. However, at the time I did not require a maintenance loan so I opted not to apply for this. However, due to unforeseen circumstances I now need the maintenance loan for this upcoming semester. Is it possible to now apply for a maintenance loan, despite the lateness and existing tuition fee loan? If so how can I do this?

Many thanks,

Nick
Hi Nick,

It is absolutely possible to apply for the maintenance loan now. All you have to do is:

-login to your online account

-Click 'expand' (it should be next to where it says your application has been approved).

-Click 'change my application' (It's near the bottom of the page after you click expand).

-Select 'loan amounts'.

It will either let you change your maintenance loan there or it may ask you to complete a very short form to change the maintenance loan.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
John.
Nick Holliday
Rep:
?
Hi John,

That's great, thanks so much for your help - new loan request successfully sent.

Cheers,

Nick
John B SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi John,

That's great, thanks so much for your help - new loan request successfully sent.

Cheers,

Nick
Brilliant.

You're very welcome,
John.
Nick Holliday
Rep:
?
Sorry, just a quick one.

Upon getting approval for the maintenance loan, approx how long will it take to receive the loan?

Many thanks,

Nick
Rona SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry, just a quick one.

Upon getting approval for the maintenance loan, approx how long will it take to receive the loan?

Many thanks,

Nick
Hi Nick,

Once approved, allow time for the payment to be scheduled on the system.

The payment then automatically is submitted with confirmation of registration from your university, it then takes three to five working days for a bank transfer.

Regards Rona
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (206)
52.28%
No, they should still go ahead (56)
14.21%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (132)
33.5%

Watched Threads