The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Economics 7136 - 05, 12, 15 Jun 2018 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by as125
What did you lot get for the cross price elasticity of demand one?

I got +2 but wasn't sure about the sign

I got +2 As price went up for good y and demand went up for good x i think (substitute?)
Original post by Dominic_123
Exactly, so the answer was D - to move unemployment from 7% to 4%, you needed 3% inflation.

At least I know I got 1 mark in the MCQs!
Didn’t question say to reduce differentials
Original post by Dbdbdbss snsb
Didn’t question say to reduce differentials

Reduce differentials means more ppl have skills. Degrees.

I swear disinflation rose as GDP recovered.
Reply 584
Original post by benjwg
I got +2 As price went up for good y and demand went up for good x i think (substitute?)

If that's right then......

Spoiler

Original post by Ak4753
Reduce differentials means more ppl have skills. Degrees.

Yeah that’s what I mean the person I quoted said the answer was increased demand for skilled workers,
I put degreess

I swear disinflation rose as GDP recovered.

Yes I had these answers also
It can't be increase demand for skilled workers...
There were 2 sets of demand curves draw. IF increase demand for skilled workers one Curve will shift to the right causing MORE wage differential
what did you think of the 25 marker? couldnt finish it
Original post by Yoyoch4ng
It can't be increase demand for skilled workers...
There were 2 sets of demand curves draw. IF increase demand for skilled workers one Curve will shift to the right causing MORE wage differential

I agree
the PPP question; I swear all it had to be the last one. none of the other answer related to PPP.
Original post by Ak4753
the PPP question; I swear all it had to be the last one. none of the other answer related to PPP.

Are you saying it was PPP? I don’t think it is because you need information relating to a basket of goods for each country
Predictions for A* boundary given last year was 63/80?
they said stuff about undervalued. undervalued has to do with purchasing power. if a currency is undervalued, its exports (basket of goods) are cheaper than they should be. Meaning you can buy more of its exports than you should be able to.

"Some forex traders also use PPP to find potentially overvalued or undervalued currencies. Investors who hold stock or bonds of foreign companies may survey PPP figures to predict the impact of exchange-rate fluctuations on a country's economy."

Investopedia

Are you saying it was PPP? I don’t think it is because you need information relating to a basket of goods for each country
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 593
At least it's over now and I can gladly say f*** economics
Original post by Ak4753
they said stuff about undervalued. undervalued has to do with purchasing power. if a currency is undervalued, its exports (basket of goods) are cheaper than they should be. Meaning you can buy more of its exports than you should be able to.

What was the answer? That was only one on the MC I couldn’t do
What was the answer? That was only one on the MC I couldn’t do

D was the only one that dicussed PPP. went with that.
Original post by economist29
Predictions for A* boundary given last year was 63/80?

I think low man. Ngl that MCQ was objectively harder than last year's. No easy tax or MPC calculations and some of the most obscure parts of some theories.
It was alot harder then last year and this was the hardest paper of this exam. Any thoughts on grade boundary.
Reply 598
Original post by elen829
what did you think of the 25 marker? couldnt finish it

Makes me feel a bit better I didn’t get to either :frown: quite upsetting because I had so much to say but I didn’t even get to say it all
Surely the grade boundaries must be lower than last year given that the first and last papers were challenging.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending