Turn on thread page Beta

Investing your student loan? Share your story and get paid! watch

• TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    HELLO!

If you're a current student (or recent graduate) that has been investing your student loan, we have an opportunity for you!

A journalist would like to hear from students that have used their loan to better their financial situation - maybe you've put some in a high-interest savings account, or you've bought shares or cryptocurrency with it?

If you'd like to get involved and your story is used, you will also be paid £100 for your time

Extra details...

We'll need you to send over a photo to accompany your story, or alternatively be happy to have your picture taken for the piece

The journalist will need to speak to you on the phone, roughly for 5-10 minutes

Please PM me your name and contact telephone number if you'd like to be involved!

ReputationRep:
    I have £50,000 in equities if that counts?

Invested a lot in food yes.

ReputationRep:
    Damnnit, you should've me asked me this next year
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Invested heavily in alcohol...

Return on investment: many blackouts, and one ****ed liver...

**** return I'm afraid...!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by discobish)
    HELLO!

If you're a current student (or recent graduate) that has been investing your student loan, we have an opportunity for you!

A journalist would like to hear from students that have used their loan to better their financial situation - maybe you've put some in a high-interest savings account, or you've bought shares or cryptocurrency with it?

If you'd like to get involved and your story is used, you will also be paid £100 for your time

Extra details...

We'll need you to send over a photo to accompany your story, or alternatively be happy to have your picture taken for the piece

The journalist will need to speak to you on the phone, roughly for 5-10 minutes

Please PM me your name and contact telephone number if you'd like to be involved!
    I have bought cryptocurrency with mine but honestly I don’t know if there’s much to discuss about that:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I bought a pair of floor standing speakers with my first student loan. One hell of an investment.

ReputationRep:
    This is ridiculous. If people actually get enough money from student finance to somehow invest it and still survive clearly get given too much.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Mine goes straight from the finance company to the university but because I'm in Wales, I got a £1150 grant which is just being kept in my bank.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by sabinaag)
    This is ridiculous. If people actually get enough money from student finance to somehow invest it and still survive clearly get given too much.
    depends where you live.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I scrimp and save through each term, then put whatever I have left over into my credit union account which I think is technically investment :dontknow:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.