The Student Room Group

How can I revise maths with no past papers?

So I’m in year 12 and I do maths as one of my a levels. This is the first year of the new maths a level and the exams are no longer modular; they’re linear. This means that there are no past papers from previous years and there is no way of knowing what the papers will be like. Maths always came naturally to me so I usually just revised by doing past papers but since this is not an option in this case how else could I revise it so I can still get an A? I know that I’ll just have to practise a lot of questions from the text book but will this be enough? How is everyone else in the same situation revising? I’m on OCR, btw.
To be honest the questions don't change that much, there're probably some extra things you need to know which you can use the books.
Original post by Arctic Kitten
To be honest the questions don't change that much, there're probably some extra things you need to know which you can use the books.

So do you think the style of questions would be very similar to the old ones and that they would prepare me well enough for the exams?
Original post by Stressedoutxxx
So do you think the style of questions would be very similar to the old ones and that they would prepare me well enough for the exams?

I would suggest read the books as well, the concepts stay the same but different types of questions may appear. But I doubt there will be much difference like how the new Physics and Chemistry compared to the old ones.
Original post by Stressedoutxxx
So I’m in year 12 and I do maths as one of my a levels. This is the first year of the new maths a level and the exams are no longer modular; they’re linear. This means that there are no past papers from previous years and there is no way of knowing what the papers will be like. Maths always came naturally to me so I usually just revised by doing past papers but since this is not an option in this case how else could I revise it so I can still get an A? I know that I’ll just have to practise a lot of questions from the text book but will this be enough? How is everyone else in the same situation revising? I’m on OCR, btw.

Ask your teacher whether OCR have produced any practice papers. The Maths team at Edexcel have produced loads of stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest