tayzar31
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m stuck between Brunel and Hertfordshire for Industrial design. Ive been accepted to HU for product/industrial design and I really liked the Hertfordshire campus and the tutors were really friendly and it is a good enough distance for me. However, I’ve also been accepted by Brunel for Industrial Design and they have great facilities and is more renowned for Design and it’d be great for my long-term career, but it is literally 10mins away from me and I know I need to gain some independence and experience uni life but I wouldn’t since I would likely stay at home if I were to go to there.

Any advice?
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tayzar31)
I’m stuck between Brunel and Hertfordshire for Industrial design. Ive been accepted to HU for product/industrial design and I really liked the Hertfordshire campus and the tutors were really friendly and it is a good enough distance for me. However, I’ve also been accepted by Brunel for Industrial Design and they have great facilities and is more renowned for Design and it’d be great for my long-term career, but it is literally 10mins away from me and I know I need to gain some independence and experience uni life but I wouldn’t since I would likely stay at home if I were to go to there.

Any advice?
I'd go for the one with the better facilities that has the more interesting course and is better for your career which sounds like Brunel.
University of Hertfordshire
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tayzar31)

Any advice?
Hi tayzar31

It's great to hear you're considering Herts!

If you want to know more about our course, just let me know. I can also put you in contact with our lecturers if you have any questions.

I would choose the University where you feel most comfortable and supported and where you feel would benefit your future career.

We have great industry connections here at Herts, and 93.3% of our Product and Industrial design students are in employment of further study 6 months after graduation.

I wouldn't worry about a uni being close to home, as even if you don't live in halls for your first year you may choose to for your second and third year. You can also get a great uni experience commuting

Will you be going to an applicant day for both uni's? They can be great for helping you to decide!

Best of luck with your decision!

Thanks,
Heather
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (25)
67.57%
No I haven't decided yet (6)
16.22%
Yes but I might change my mind (6)
16.22%

Watched Threads