The Student Room Group

Retaking Maths GCSE?

Hello, I'm in year 12 and I'm thinking of taking Maths for GCSE. Having a 5 in Maths GCSE, I'm looking to get a 7 if I was to retake it.

The reason is because I do Politics, History and Sociology for A-Levels, I got an A in History and RE GCSE and I want to do the PPE degree. However, many elite Unis want Maths A-Level.

All except King's College, which want a Grade 7/A for Maths GCSE, no Maths A-Level requirement. Because of this loophole (for lack of a better term), I can do the PPE degree at a prestigious Russel Group college without having to do A-Level Maths.

But what I ask you, is the idea practical? I'm only 2 grades away from the grades I needed and before I didn't realise how much educational insitutes bend down for Maths so I'm sure to get a 7 in Maths for GCSE.

I'm also looking for statistics on the acceptance rating for King's College PPE degree.

Thanks.
Reply 1
If you want to re-sit it this Summer then you need to make up your mind - the entry deadline is by half term. The alternative would be to take it in November.

Quick Reply

Latest