Turn on thread page Beta

Psychology - Bowlby's evolutionary theory of attachment watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi i really need some help, can anyone please explain Bowlby's theory's especially the evolutionary theory of attachment. Ive looked over my notes and the workbook but i still don't fully understand it and i have an exam on it on Tuesday 😢
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    He states that attachment is biologically predetermined and that a child should receive the continuous care of the primary caregiver for 2 years so that the attachment can act as a template for future relationships. If the attachment is broken during these 2 years (the critical period) then this will have long term consequences like depression and reduced intelligence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheppardsstation)
    Hi i really need some help, can anyone please explain Bowlby's theory's especially the evolutionary theory of attachment. Ive looked over my notes and the workbook but i still don't fully understand it and i have an exam on it on Tuesday 😢
    I have PM'd you

ReputationRep:
    A Snap Chat Makes Images

A - Adaptive - We have adapted to attach to our caregivers so that we can survive and in turn, our caregivers attach to us to promote the survival of their genes.

S - Social Releasers - The cute noises/attention seeking behaviour that babies make to encourage adults to respond to their needs (and thus promotes survival)

C - Critical Period - Must develop an attachment within a specific timeframe otherwise there can be developmental consequences.

M - Monotropy - We have one unique attachment with our caregiver with all other attachments in a hierarchy beneath.

I - Internal Working Model - This one unique attachment create a template for all future relationships (intimate and friends)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Findlay6)
    A Snap Chat Makes Images

A - Adaptive - We have adapted to attach to our caregivers so that we can survive and in turn, our caregivers attach to us to promote the survival of their genes.

S - Social Releasers - The cute noises/attention seeking behaviour that babies make to encourage adults to respond to their needs (and thus promotes survival)

C - Critical Period - Must develop an attachment within a specific timeframe otherwise there can be developmental consequences.

M - Monotropy - We have one unique attachment with our caregiver with all other attachments in a hierarchy beneath.

I - Internal Working Model - This one unique attachment create a template for all future relationships (intimate and friends)
    This is really good! How did you learn this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shanxxox)
    This is really good! How did you learn this?
    I'm a teacher 😉

ReputationRep:
    I'm a teacher 😉
    Haha awesome!

ReputationRep:
    A Snap Chat Makes Images

My teacher uses that but just says Askme which is so confusing to remember which letters aren’t the same AND what they mean! I will definitely remember your version!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 11, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.