Dental treatment needed but so so so scared.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My teeth hurt. A lot. On the left side I am in constant pain, on the right everytime I bite down it hurts. And if I eat anything sweet oh dear lordy it's painful!

I need to go to the dentist I know before they get infected (if they haven't already) or I lose teeth. It's been a good few months of pain now gradually getting worse daily.

However, I fear dentists. I am worried that the crown they put in 2 years ago is a now-broken tracking device. I am scared that if they put fillings in they will fix the device, maybe put new ones in or other technology.

But I'm in pain and I need dental treatment, actual dental treatment.

What can I do?
del1rious
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Go to the doctors
leahnj
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
really don't worry! it'll be worth going in the long term and im sure you'll feel so much better after x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by leahnj)
really don't worry! it'll be worth going in the long term and im sure you'll feel so much better after x
I know I'll feel better if my teeth no longer hurt like a *****, but I'm scared about them tracking me again - I haven't been seeing them everywhere anymore so I don't think the chip is working right now which is why I'm so worried about them fixing it.

Part of me is actually considering pulling out the two main painful teeth myself if the pain gets too much worse. That's how scared I am of seeing a dentist.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know I'll feel better if my teeth no longer hurt like a *****, but I'm scared about them tracking me again - I haven't been seeing them everywhere anymore so I don't think the chip is working right now which is why I'm so worried about them fixing it.

Part of me is actually considering pulling out the two main painful teeth myself if the pain gets too much worse. That's how scared I am of seeing a dentist.
I know my word probably won't help much here, but the dentist will not be putting a tracking device in. Even if they were nasty people it just wouldn't be practical to put a tracking device or anything like that in your mouth.
I get the feeling you have some issues with paranoia? It's a very difficult thing to deal with and it must feel very real to you, but it isn't so try your best to remember that while you have your appointment. You need to have your teeth looked at and leaving it longer will just mean more suffering down the line. You need to choose between the pain that you know is real and the fear that most likely isn't.
Please don't try to pull your teeth out or anything like that. In all probably you'll just end up hurting yourself more and needing more treatment.

It's there anybody you could take with you to help you feel more comfortable? I find I feel a lot better when my boyfriend comes to appointments with me. You could also explain to the dentist that you're anxious so would like to see and be told what's going on. Obviously you don't need to say why you're anxious, but it could help you if you know what they're doing so you're not worried about what every little thing is.

Good luck with your appointment. I hope you are pain free soon.
steph.demetriou
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
do you worry about tracking devices and all of those kinds of things? because if it is that is something you really need to overcome.
the best think to do is talk to someone about it and maybe visit a different dentist that you can trust. maybe ask around to find the best dentist.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kindred)
I know my word probably won't help much here, but the dentist will not be putting a tracking device in. Even if they were nasty people it just wouldn't be practical to put a tracking device or anything like that in your mouth.
I get the feeling you have some issues with paranoia? It's a very difficult thing to deal with and it must feel very real to you, but it isn't so try your best to remember that while you have your appointment. You need to have your teeth looked at and leaving it longer will just mean more suffering down the line. You need to choose between the pain that you know is real and the fear that most likely isn't.
Please don't try to pull your teeth out or anything like that. In all probably you'll just end up hurting yourself more and needing more treatment.

It's there anybody you could take with you to help you feel more comfortable? I find I feel a lot better when my boyfriend comes to appointments with me. You could also explain to the dentist that you're anxious so would like to see and be told what's going on. Obviously you don't need to say why you're anxious, but it could help you if you know what they're doing so you're not worried about what every little thing is.

Good luck with your appointment. I hope you are pain free soon.
I just bit a cookie and am now in agony. I know they need looking at or things will just get worse but I am so scared. You say "pain which is real and fear which is most likely not" but the fear is very real and the consequences of such a device will lead to more fear and maybe pain.

I've had this idea to instead of pulling my teeth, I will pull off the crown I have and see if there's a tracking device inside. That way I'll know if it's safe to trust the same dentist or not. They can replace the crown easier than if I pulled out a tooth. But I am in so much pain I don't know how I can cope with this. I can hardly eat.

Taking someone who could watch them as they're working would be perfect but I don't have anyone. The only person I have is my partner who is super squeamish so wouldn't be willing to do that for me.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by steph.demetriou)
do you worry about tracking devices and all of those kinds of things? because if it is that is something you really need to overcome.
the best think to do is talk to someone about it and maybe visit a different dentist that you can trust. maybe ask around to find the best dentist.
I do worry about tracking devices as I'm fairly sure the crown I have contains one and I used to see the people tracking me but I think it's broken now as I rarely see the people now. I don't trust any dentist, they're all open to bribery.
Kindred
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I just bit a cookie and am now in agony. I know they need looking at or things will just get worse but I am so scared. You say "pain which is real and fear which is most likely not" but the fear is very real and the consequences of such a device will lead to more fear and maybe pain.

I've had this idea to instead of pulling my teeth, I will pull off the crown I have and see if there's a tracking device inside. That way I'll know if it's safe to trust the same dentist or not. They can replace the crown easier than if I pulled out a tooth. But I am in so much pain I don't know how I can cope with this. I can hardly eat.

Taking someone who could watch them as they're working would be perfect but I don't have anyone. The only person I have is my partner who is super squeamish so wouldn't be willing to do that for me.
I wouldn't advise pulling anything out of your mouth cos you could cause more damage.

They are unlikely to want to do anything in the first appointment other than look at what's going on so how about you just start there?
You can take your partner to sit in the corner not watching and be there for you if you need them.
You can ask if you can look at the stuff before they put it in your mouth and if they have to take out your crown to replace it you can ask if you could look at that too.

I know this feels very real to you, but I am sure it isn't. I get that I'm just a stranger on the internet though so my word probably isn't going to be enough to convince you. Is there anything that might help to make you feel more comfortable other than pulling the crown out and looking? Maybe we can work out a way you can feel more confident about it and get the pain sorted without the potential of hurting yourself more.

Do you mind me asking if you're seeing anybody for these thoughts? If you're not I think it could be a good idea to go see your GP. Brains aren't perfect and sometimes they can get muddled up so you think and believe things that aren't quite true. It's coming from your brain so it's pretty difficult to argue against it, but a doctor can help explain what's going on and hopefully reduce it.
steph.demetriou
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I do understand what you mean. But people can track you wherever you go. they can do it with your credit card, bus pass, phone, computer and anything really.

but think about your teeth, they will just get worse and worse. you have a big decision to make and only you can choses the right one. either get your teeth fixed and be tracked (but they can still track you some way else anyway. with or without a tracking devices in your teeth) or you could not go to the dentist and still be tracked.

whatever you do you can be tracked. so the best thing to do would be to get your teeth checked because you have at least one benefit with that option. whereas the other one does not have any benefits at all.

choose wisely as this can affect you for years. don't pick the option you will regret later on.
steph.demetriou
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
also a good idea is to go to the doctors to talk to them about your paranoia and they could refer you to a professional dentist how understands your conserns
Anonymous #1
I wouldn't advise pulling anything out of your mouth cos you could cause more damage.

They are unlikely to want to do anything in the first appointment other than look at what's going on so how about you just start there?
You can take your partner to sit in the corner not watching and be there for you if you need them.
You can ask if you can look at the stuff before they put it in your mouth and if they have to take out your crown to replace it you can ask if you could look at that too.

I know this feels very real to you, but I am sure it isn't. I get that I'm just a stranger on the internet though so my word probably isn't going to be enough to convince you. Is there anything that might help to make you feel more comfortable other than pulling the crown out and looking? Maybe we can work out a way you can feel more confident about it and get the pain sorted without the potential of hurting yourself more.

Do you mind me asking if you're seeing anybody for these thoughts? If you're not I think it could be a good idea to go see your GP. Brains aren't perfect and sometimes they can get muddled up so you think and believe things that aren't quite true. It's coming from your brain so it's pretty difficult to argue against it, but a doctor can help explain what's going on and hopefully reduce it.
You're right that the first appointment would just be him looking, but he could make any old garbage up about how I need more crowns or mine needs replacing (that's not as far as I can pinpoint where it hurts) or I need a root canal then he could put the tracking device right down deep in my jaw and I'd have no way of ever getting it out. Due to a medical condition I have I'd need general anesthetic for the more serious dental procedures so I would have absolutely no way of checking what he's sticking in there. Obviously GA wouldn't be needed for a crown but a removal or root canal it would be.

I see a psychiatrist sometimes, but if you're meaning to suggest I'm crazy; I'm really not. You don't know the things I've done, the people who are after me, and the lengths they will go to to keep me under their thumb.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by del1rious)
Go to the doctors
This isn't doctor work, a dentist is needed.
Kindred
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You're right that the first appointment would just be him looking, but he could make any old garbage up about how I need more crowns or mine needs replacing (that's not as far as I can pinpoint where it hurts) or I need a root canal then he could put the tracking device right down deep in my jaw and I'd have no way of ever getting it out. Due to a medical condition I have I'd need general anesthetic for the more serious dental procedures so I would have absolutely no way of checking what he's sticking in there. Obviously GA wouldn't be needed for a crown but a removal or root canal it would be.

I see a psychiatrist sometimes, but if you're meaning to suggest I'm crazy; I'm really not. You don't know the things I've done, the people who are after me, and the lengths they will go to to keep me under their thumb.
I'm not trying to suggest you're crazy, just that maybe your mind is stretching things a bit far. Even if there are people who wish you harm or to keep tabs on you I very much doubt your dentist is involved and you could even go to a different dentist to be sure.

Unfortunately I think this is just something you'll have to take a chance on if you want to get rid of your pain. I am confident it's a risk worth taking so would suggest you go for it. I can see why you're worried about it though.

It might be worth discussing with your psych too to see if they have any better advice.
Anonymous #1
I'm not trying to suggest you're crazy, just that maybe your mind is stretching things a bit far. Even if there are people who wish you harm or to keep tabs on you I very much doubt your dentist is involved and you could even go to a different dentist to be sure.

Unfortunately I think this is just something you'll have to take a chance on if you want to get rid of your pain. I am confident it's a risk worth taking so would suggest you go for it. I can see why you're worried about it though.

It might be worth discussing with your psych too to see if they have any better advice.
I don't trust any dentist, they're all bribeable. The one I trust the most is the one who put my current crown in PROVIDED the crown comes out without something in. If I find a tracking device when I pull it out there is no way in hell am I ever seeing any dentist ever again especially not that one. My psychiatrist doesn't believe me about the spying but if I could show him a tracking device inbedded in my crown that would prove me right about everything I've told him. I could come off of these stupid "medications", I could sue for millions and I'd be safe because the police would finally believe me.
del1rious
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Bio 7)
This isn't doctor work, a dentist is needed.
He needs to go to the doctors for his anxiety about it
del1rious
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why can’t you take someone you trust with you to check they aren’t putting in any devices
Anonymous #1
(Original post by del1rious)
Why can’t you take someone you trust with you to check they aren’t putting in any devices
Not everyone has friends/family.

I've been researching all weekend and I don't think alcohol is gonna be strong enough for the pain. I'm drunk now and the throbbing is completely agonising and I haven't eaten in hours.
Alonso376
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My teeth hurt. A lot. On the left side I am in constant pain, on the right everytime I bite down it hurts. And if I eat anything sweet oh dear lordy it's painful!

I need to go to the dentist I know before they get infected (if they haven't already) or I lose teeth. It's been a good few months of pain now gradually getting worse daily.

However, I fear dentists. I am worried that the crown they put in 2 years ago is a now-broken tracking device. I am scared that if they put fillings in they will fix the device, maybe put new ones in or other technology.

But I'm in pain and I need dental treatment, actual dental treatment.

What can I do?
I've heard of these tracker implants. I have it from a good source that they lose their signal strength through exposure to milk. Glass a day and you're absolutely fine. Go to the dentist and fix the pain.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (210)
38.53%
Take autumn exams (164)
30.09%
Look for a job (19)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.04%
Take a year out (97)
17.8%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (33)
6.06%

Watched Threads