username3255500
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So, i'm doing: bio, chem, phys, and french at a level and i'm in year 12 atm. I am finding physics incredibly hard, I just don't get it.

Does anyone have any recommendations or websites I could use to improve. Of just general tips?
sara1479
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You probably know this website but I'm sending you anyway: http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/physics-revision/

For notes, I did CIE Physics so I used this: https://znotes.org/
The notes here are specifically for CIE syllabus but I think it's well written so you may find it useful.

My advice here is that find a good note, read through it and identify which parts you aren't sure of. Ask your teacher about those part.

Then go on and practice with past papers. I recommend you do the topical questions (Physics and Maths tutor thankfully has sorted the questions out). Topical questions is a great way to practice since it allows you to focus on the parts you are weak at and, after doing it long enough, you'll be able to identify the patterns of the past papers like which questions usually come up.

Print the topical past papers and do them in pencil. When correcting them, use a bright colour pen (ie red) and write the correct answers from the mark schemes on it. This allows you to quickly identify which questions has tripped you the first time so that you can effectively revise when you re-read it for revision. Keep all of the past papers as you will need them to revise when the exams come (Seriously, I forgot a lot of the first few topics at the beginning of the year and re-reading through my corrected past papers helped trigger my memory a lot).

Doing past paper is definitely something every students have to do. But doing it this way helps so much more since it's easier to revise from it.
username3255500
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
thankyou
stanfuturemd
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anon120701)
So, i'm doing: bio, chem, phys, and french at a level and i'm in year 12 atm. I am finding physics incredibly hard, I just don't get it.

Does anyone have any recommendations or websites I could use to improve. Of just general tips?
I don't know if you still have the problem or not but you can check out this YT channel called "science shorts" - it's very clear and has lots of tips and tricks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (147)
14.54%
I'm not sure (43)
4.25%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
29.97%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.66%

Watched Threads