The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just thought you might be interested, i spoke in person with Group Captain OASC and asthma, or an enhaler or any history of a wheeze is a big nono for air crew! I know people have been saying this for ages, but i got it from the horses mouth :smile:
Reply 21
I'm gravedigging this thread. What about joining as an army officer?

:frown:
Reply 22
You can decipher what's written for yourself (you'll have to be able to, sort of, as an officer so might as well get the practice in!) - the rules are the same for all three.
Reply 24
Or you can take your medical history to the AFCO and ask them :smile:
Reply 25

For the lazy:

Derek Twigg [holding answer 17 January 2008]: It is essential that all recruits to the armed forces are operationally effective, and the medical tests that they undergo on recruitment are designed to ensure this. Examining medical officers will consider each applicant on his or her own merit and apply their clinical judgement individually. Because of its potentially adverse effect on performance and respiratory fitness, and because of the requirement for long term access to respiratory medication, and possible associated medical care, candidates who have a current wheezing condition will in almost all cases be rejected. Candidates who have been free from symptoms and off all treatment for a period of at least four years may be considered for employment, subject to further assessment of their respiratory function.
Careful Wzz or you really will be breathing for them next!
Thnx fr tht WZZ - gr8 hlp!!

props

(typing like that made my head hurt)

Latest