i need help, maybe some advice please Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hey um iv never done this before hahaha but, i’m pretty desperate right now

i’m gonna explain a little before the question thing so PLEASE HEAR ME OUT like i need some advice i beg

so i’m 18 years old right now, iv finished college and i regret my decision of taking a certain course at college but anyways, everyone is either at uni or in a job, iv had a few jobs and i didn’t like them, i hate the idea of having to work the rest of my life in a job where i’m gonna be depressed, like i want to travel the world and life a fun life full of many good experiences and memories, but i have no friends and i have no money sooo,
i’m stuck in a state of my life (i have been stuck for quite a few months) where iv woke up everyday, and sat on my bed, on my phone on my laptop, and done nothing with my day... i have no reason to wake up, i have no life, no happiness, maybe when i watch a youtube video it makes me forget but then i’m back to reality, and here’s the thing, i’m so scared of ‘realty’ i’m not ready for the world, i’m still mentally 16, i’m so scared, i’m going threw issues (as many people are) but i’m so scared and so stuck, i’m just wasting my life away an i don’t believe i even deserve to have this life because i’m basically wasting it which is so selfish because theirs people who deserve to be here asfhsjd okay i’m getting off topic but i need help, i’m sad lonely 18 year old girl with no life and i don’t have much family and i have 0 friends, apart from online friends :/ which is even more sad, but i even know what i expect from this tbh, like i’m just praying for a miracle
i just need some advice please, i really beg
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

i’m gonna explain a little before the question thing so PLEASE HEAR ME OUT like i need some advice i beg

so i’m 18 years old right now, iv finished college and i regret my decision of taking a certain course at college but anyways, everyone is either at uni or in a job, iv had a few jobs and i didn’t like them, i hate the idea of having to work the rest of my life in a job where i’m gonna be depressed, like i want to travel the world and life a fun life full of many good experiences and memories, but i have no friends and i have no money sooo,
i’m stuck in a state of my life (i have been stuck for quite a few months) where iv woke up everyday, and sat on my bed, on my phone on my laptop, and done nothing with my day... i have no reason to wake up, i have no life, no happiness, maybe when i watch a youtube video it makes me forget but then i’m back to reality, and here’s the thing, i’m so scared of ‘realty’ i’m not ready for the world, i’m still mentally 16, i’m so scared, i’m going threw issues (as many people are) but i’m so scared and so stuck, i’m just wasting my life away an i don’t believe i even deserve to have this life because i’m basically wasting it which is so selfish because theirs people who deserve to be here asfhsjd okay i’m getting off topic but i need help, i’m sad lonely 18 year old girl with no life and i don’t have much family and i have 0 friends, apart from online friends :/ which is even more sad, but i even know what i expect from this tbh, like i’m just praying for a miracle
When I was your age, I was the same. I failed my A levels and went to a crappy university which I dropped out of after a year. Found myself stuck back home .

I decided I wanted to see a bit of the world so I got a chamberlain job in France. Best thing ever.

You want to travel get a rep job with a holiday company. They are recruiting now for summer vacancies or get a job with an American camp.

Nobody will do this for you except yourself. Grab life by the balls
heyjessie008
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello!! I'm not going to say that I understand or keep going, it'll pass. I'm 18, fresh high school graduates and I'm pretty sure my a level grades won't come to my advantage. My life took a whole 180 degrees turn this past 2 months. Its my dream to go to the UK*since I was about 6* so I applied to 6 UK universities, in which I got conditionally accepted in each one. Now that I've graduated I realised that my family just can't afford education in the UK (I'm Indonesian) and so I decided to go on a gap year.

TRUST ME I WAKE UP EVERYDAY WONDERING WHAT I'LL BE DOING... Admin still pretty stressed out cos all my friends are going abroad. But here are some things I do:

1. Learn a new subject. I am planning to take media, so I'm currently studying media through BBC fireside- literally gcse level and I'm 18 hahah

2. Learn a new language. I'm currently studyi bg dutch....and I'm fascinated by the language and the country

3. Make a CV! I don't know how to use Photoshop or any fancy editing programmes and I'm currently making cv Microsoft publisher. You just need a dose of creativity.

4. Look up motivation videos. Watch muchelleb, rowenatsai, jusuf and other motivating people on YouTube . Trust me, it helps.

5. Stalk studygrams and studyblrs on instagram and Tumblr.

Hope this helps. Good luck, let me know if you want to talk more <3
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Sounds like maybe you could do with talking through things with somebody like a counsellor or support line. Life can get super confusing and messy sometimes and it can be really hard to sort through things and make sense of everything. People like counsellors can really help with that and can support you if maybe you're feeling a bit depressed.

If you want some more excitement in your life perhaps you could look into some international work or volunteer programmes. Not only could they be a great experience, but they could spruce up your CV and help you get a job you're more comfortable with.

It could also help if you find something you can work towards like a hobby or goal. It can give you a bit of sense of purpose and also reduce some of that time you're currently just wanting to avoid by watching youtube and the like. Possibly joining a club would also help you feel more social and connected.

I hope that helps a bit. I know life can seem really pointless at times, but I promise you it doesn't have to be. Sometimes you need to work a bot or get some support to work out how to get that in your own life though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (4)
10.81%
Disagree (3)
8.11%
Neither agree or disagree (10)
27.03%
Agree (12)
32.43%
Strongly Agree (8)
21.62%

Watched Threads