The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Still no decision/response - QMUL Postgrad Application

I'm an International Student from the US. In 2014, I enrolled at QMUL for my postgraduate Masters degree. I completed the first semester before needing to take a few medical leave of absences, resulting in an official withdrawal from the program.

Early last month (Jan 2018), I re-applied to the same MA program at QMUL, hoping to get another chance in re-starting my studies with my newfound health.

In the interim of waiting for QMUL, I applied to the University of Manchester where I received an unconditional offer within 5 days of applying.

Likewise, in 2014 I received my acceptance from QMUL within 5 days, as well. QMUL claims that a decision could take up to 4 weeks, but it's already been 4.5 weeks since I applied this time round.

I have attempted to contact (via email) the program's admissions department, inquiring about the status of my application. I have emailed them twice over the last couple weeks, and haven't even received a response from them.

I'm not entirely sure why I haven't yet received a decision on the application, but I'm more worried by the fact that I haven't even received an acknowledgment from the admission department in response to my emails.

It's nice to know that I am accepted to the University of Manchester, but it would be nice to receive a decision from QMUL so I can adequately prepare for whichever university I will ultimately be going to.

I'm not exactly sure how best to approach this situation now as my emails have seemingly fallen on deaf ears?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Have you tried calling postgraduate admissions?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
QMUL sent two confirmation emails when I submitted my application. The one I read had the same reference number that was used for my application in 2014. I thought this was odd, but went with it. Today, I uncovered the second confirmation email which had a completely new number. Error on their part!

They had me quoting my application number from 2014, so no wonder QMUL weren’t responding to my emails! Found the error and sent another email with the correct reference number. Hopefully I get a response or decision next week! Bloody hell.
Reply 3
Original post by madferits
QMUL sent two confirmation emails when I submitted my application. The one I read had the same reference number that was used for my application in 2014. I thought this was odd, but went with it. Today, I uncovered the second confirmation email which had a completely new number. Error on their part!

They had me quoting my application number from 2014, so no wonder QMUL weren’t responding to my emails! Found the error and sent another email with the correct reference number. Hopefully I get a response or decision next week! Bloody hell.

A reasonably easy error to make. Good luck on hearing back soon!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending