The Student Room Group

Circumstance change

Hi. I was living with one of my parent when I started my course and have been getting the full maintenance loan however, i am now living away from parental home but still based in london. Would i get a higher maintenance loan? And how will it be reassessed?
Original post by Rocheyp
Hi. I was living with one of my parent when I started my course and have been getting the full maintenance loan however, i am now living away from parental home but still based in london. Would i get a higher maintenance loan? And how will it be reassessed?

Hi Rocheyp

A student will qualify for the 'London Rate' of Maintenance Loan if they are living away from their parental home and attends one or more of the following:- (i) A course at the University of London; (ii) An institution which requires attendance at a site wholly or partly within the area comprising the City of London and the former Metropolitan Police District; or (iii) A placement at a site or sites wholly or partly within the area comprising the City of London and the former Metropolitan Police District. The placement must be part of a 'sandwich course' before the London Rate can be awarded. This will be either London reduced rate or London full rate depending on the type of placement.

If the change happened during the academic year, you can make changes to your application online. It will be reassessed on a pro rata basis.

Thanks Rona
Reply 2
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi Rocheyp

A student will qualify for the 'London Rate' of Maintenance Loan if they are living away from their parental home and attends one or more of the following:- (i) A course at the University of London; (ii) An institution which requires attendance at a site wholly or partly within the area comprising the City of London and the former Metropolitan Police District; or (iii) A placement at a site or sites wholly or partly within the area comprising the City of London and the former Metropolitan Police District. The placement must be part of a 'sandwich course' before the London Rate can be awarded. This will be either London reduced rate or London full rate depending on the type of placement.

If the change happened during the academic year, you can make changes to your application online. It will be reassessed on a pro rata basis.

Thanks Rona

Yes i am currently attending university in central London also placement. Does it depends on my post code where I'm living from the university to receive the full amonut of maintenance loan?
Original post by Rocheyp
Yes i am currently attending university in central London also placement. Does it depends on my post code where I'm living from the university to receive the full amonut of maintenance loan?

Hi Rocheyp,

That is correct, we will give you the London Rate based on your postcode and location where you live.

Thanks

Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending