The Student Room Group

Is A2 Maths harder than AS?

I’m doing the new spec a level maths and I’m finding it easy so far but I have not started stats/mechanics so can’t say much. But does A2 maths get harder or will someone struggle if they get a B
I'm second year old spec and would say c3 and c4 are a lot harder than c1 and c2.
I would think that it would get progressively more difficult.
Original post by RuthieG101
I'm second year old spec and would say c3 and c4 are a lot harder than c1 and c2.
I would think that it would get progressively more difficult.

Was second year much more of a jump compared to gcse to AS
Are c3 and c4 content and exam q much more harder
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Yes A2 is much harder than AS
Original post by officialzak_2001
Was second year much more of a jump compared to gcse to AS

Well I'm doing the new spec right now and Pure maths is good u gotta practise A LOT (Big up exam solutions). I have seen the A2 book. Man was like OHHHHHHHHHHHH HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Looks proper hard. Stats and mechanics in yr 1 is ok (I hate standard deviation and interpolation) but yr 2 seems to be harder so I guess there is a step up.
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
Well I'm doing the new spec right now and Pure maths is good u gotta practise A LOT (Big up exam solutions). I have seen the A2 book. Man was like OHHHHHHHHHHHH HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Looks proper hard. Stats and mechanics in yr 1 is ok (I hate standard deviation and interpolation) but yr 2 seems to be harder so I guess there is a step up.

Have u started stats and mechanics and hope u don’t mind me asking how r u finding it
Yh I’ve looked at second year and it looks hard
Have u started stats and mechanics and hope u don’t mind me asking how r u finding it
Yh I’ve looked at second year and it looks hard

Yh big man dw its fine.

Out of 10 at this current moment this is how I feel about the 3. (mocks next week)

Pure: 9 (Just to cover up some topics then we Gucci)

Statistics: 5 (Need to revise ASAP)

Mechanics: 6 (I topped my class (31/50) a amazing achievement in my books but gotta start revising for it).

I'm not looking forward to Year 13 maths.
Yes!! Much more complex and a lot more to remember, especially if you did additional maths at GCSE (in which case C1 should have been easy!!)
As a year 12 further mathematician who is doing the whole A Level in year 12, I can safely say that A2 is quite a lot harder than AS. I've just got my mock back for the whole of the AS, and I got 92%. But in the A2 mock I only got 76% (and that was on the first 5 chapters). It was mainly just due to not having practised the content for long enough, but it can get quite messy sometimes.

Trust me, when you get into year 2 content, especially integration, you will find AS piss easy in comparison. It makes it look so easy honestly. Then again A2 isn't that hard once you know what you're doing.
(edited 6 years ago)
[QUOTE="Rolls_Reus_0wner;75917716"]Yh big man dw its fine.

Out of 10 at this current moment this is how I feel about the 3. (mocks next week)

Mechanics: 6 (I topped my class (31/50) a amazing achievement in my books but gotta start revising for it).

I'm not looking forward to Year 13 maths.[/QUOTE
Well done u must be smart u must’ve got a high grade at gcse

I don’t know how to feel cause our school haven’t started stats and mechanics as we still have 4 chapters of pure left
I don’t know what to do
Wait have u finished the content btw
(edited 6 years ago)
I don’t know how to feel cause our school haven’t started stats and mechanics as we still have 4 chapters of pure left
I don’t know what to do

Luusten, you need to bang out revision on topics u don't know and maybe start having a look at stats/mechanics over half term.

https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/ (For questions on each topic Pure/applied)

https://www.examsolutions.net/as-maths/edexcel/pure-maths-as-tutorials/ (For knowing how to solve various questions and learning how to do topics.)

Your welcome.
Yh big man dw its fine.

I'm not looking forward to Year 13 maths.

I don’t know what to do

I don’t know what to do

No, I was not smart tbh. Every person on this site seems to have like 11A*s lol i only got 1. Tht was for a cw in computer science. I got a 6 in maths which involved me revising A LOT for it. I stepped my game up in A-Level where I got one of the lowest scores in the year and could have been possibly been kicked off the course so yh.

I got a 6 in GCSE btw
both are easy
No, I was not smart tbh. Every person on this site seems to have like 11A*s lol i only got 1. Tht was for a cw in computer science. I got a 6 in maths which involved me revising A LOT for it. I stepped my game up in A-Level where I got one of the lowest scores in the year and could have been possibly been kicked off the course so yh.

I got a 6 in GCSE btw

Thanks for the suggestion but mathsgenie has exercise question not exam q
I know there’s physic and maths tutor
Original post by Competence
both are easy

Both what
Original post by Competence
both are easy

Both r wat
(edited 6 years ago)

I don’t know what to do

At this time we r i think halfway through differentiation but we r tested up to binomial in the mocks (I'm doing EDEXCEL btw). Stats we r on tree diagrams (Ex 5c I think) and we r being tested from Chapter 1 to 5C. Mechanics from Chapter 7 (or whenever it starts to chapter 10C).
Both what

Both r wat

got 90ums+ in everything just from doing papers

Quick Reply

Latest